Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Funny DF wording.  (Read 3808 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Re: Funny DF wording.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 10:26:17 am »

He likes Quagmire Brutes (giggity giggity) for their horrifying features.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 12:01:05 pm »

Sort of in line with the OP I like when you get

"Argued with a spouse recently; lost a spouse to tragedy recently; reveled in battle recently; enjoyed a slaughter recently"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 01:33:31 pm »

Sort of in line with the OP I like when you get

"Argued with a spouse recently; lost a spouse to tragedy recently; reveled in battle recently; enjoyed a slaughter recently"

I would like it more if it was: "Argued with a spouse recently; reveled in battle recently; enjoyed a slaughter recently; lost a spouse to tragedy recently"

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 01:40:43 pm »

Heh, I thought it was innocent--everything sucks but "satisfied at work" too, I always think those lines are vaguely tragic, since dwarves seem kinda driven by their arts and crafts--it's a bit like, "well my wife and child are dead of thirst, I'm next, sleeping on the ground, there are rats around and goblins above.  At least I can make soap, precious precious soap"
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 02:04:14 pm »

It's also funny how they can "Enjoy a nice engraving", even when it depicts the deaths of their family.

*Sigh*
"My wife is dead..."
"My children are dead..."
"At least the walls are engraved beautifully."
"I never thought one could depict their bloody, tragic deaths so beautifully."
"I have never been happier in my entire life."

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 02:22:38 pm »

Don't they actually get BAD thoughts if they watch a questionable engraving? I remember stories of an engraver who had a grudge with someone and plastered this dwarfs bedroom with engravings of his hated vermin, resulting in bad thoughts. (Hilarious!)
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 02:27:54 pm »

Don't they actually get BAD thoughts if they watch a questionable engraving? I remember stories of an engraver who had a grudge with someone and plastered this dwarfs bedroom with engravings of his hated vermin, resulting in bad thoughts. (Hilarious!)
They do if the vermin are in their preferences list as hated.
But for whatever reason the depiction of their entire extended family being brutally raped and murdered does not, because the game doesn't check for that or whatever.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 03:04:07 pm »

Friend of mine had a Forgotten Beast show up in his fort shaped like "A towering noseless ass."  Better yet, it warned to "beware its poisonous gas."

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77583.0
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

duckynapalm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 03:49:12 pm »

I had a fortress called Whippedlove, with the group name called Construct of Flesh, and they were citizens of the Bust of Orbs. All randomly generated of course, it was serendipity.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 04:12:44 pm »

... I remember stories of an engraver who had a grudge with someone and plastered this dwarfs bedroom with engravings of his hated vermin...

I too have seen this happen.

"On the wall is a picture of Domok Rinsedblades the dwarf and oysters. Domok Rinsedblades is surrounded by the oysters."

Domok Rinsedblades absolutely detests oysters.

And no-one was his friend.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 04:21:05 pm »

I was running a two-hermit fortress (the original got a debilitating leg injury) and both hated worms. All they made was statues of worms. They didn't seem to mind them being set up at the end of each hallway, though. I like to think the ones in their offices kept them working quicker.

As to the main topic: I get a chuckle almost every time I look at a dwarf's status screen. Simultaneous complaints about long duty and relief from duty are always great.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 06:48:06 pm »

Simultaneous complaints about long duty and relief from duty are always great.

Every time I see one of those I send the squad into a danger room.

Pages: 1 [2]