Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: X-COM Reboot: Suicide Pact, anyone?  (Read 33879 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-COM Reboot: Suicide Pact, anyone?
« Reply #465 on: October 09, 2011, 12:41:51 pm »

well, yes. they should not change gameplay, but GRAPHICS. why? because the people won't care so much about the gameplay as they will about the graphics. okay, maybe the copyright owner was a little harsh (it's a VERY OLD GAME, but people still seem to buy it. (to acctually play the first 2, i had to get the floppy disks to an expert, and he changed them to a CD, but i still had to use dosbox.))

You do know that the game is sold on steam AND was available on disks with compilations?

why buy something that you already own? i HAVE the floppy disks of the originals, and have bought the 3rd one.

trust me, when my parents picked up UFO 1 & 2 from the discount bin, they bought the right to play. and i own that right, so i do not see the point in buying what i already have.

So, you've never bought a vhs then a dvd of the same movie?

nope. i bought a VHS, then when DVDs kicked in we took them to be converted. and we still watch those movies.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 09, 2011, 02:21:12 pm »

I don't think it makes any more sense to buy the same movie twice than to buy the same game twice, tbh.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 09, 2011, 03:07:26 pm »

I own two copies of Sin City and Serenity each because I bought the special editions later.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 09, 2011, 03:10:10 pm »

well, yes. they should not change gameplay, but GRAPHICS. why? because the people won't care so much about the gameplay as they will about the graphics. okay, maybe the copyright owner was a little harsh (it's a VERY OLD GAME, but people still seem to buy it. (to acctually play the first 2, i had to get the floppy disks to an expert, and he changed them to a CD, but i still had to use dosbox.))

You do know that the game is sold on steam AND was available on disks with compilations?
I find that silly. Why keep the lower resolution picture and sound?

why buy something that you already own? i HAVE the floppy disks of the originals, and have bought the 3rd one.

trust me, when my parents picked up UFO 1 & 2 from the discount bin, they bought the right to play. and i own that right, so i do not see the point in buying what i already have.

nope. i bought a VHS, then when DVDs kicked in we took them to be converted. and we still watch those movies.
Hrm, it seem to not get my message.

Anyway, I agree with the pineapple. Why would you transfer over VHS to DVD, and transfer it's wear tear, low resolution, low audio quality. That's just weird, and really anal retentive.

Unless, this guy was transferring this shit for free, (I assume, that VHS to DvD converters were always this cheap. 50 bucks.), you probably could have gotten a better value by rebuying the dvd, with special features, then the anal satisfaction of your trivial victory.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:55:54 pm by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 09, 2011, 07:55:44 pm »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 10, 2011, 05:31:06 pm »

When you buy an eBook and decide you want a physical copy, do you print and bind it yourself, too?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 10, 2011, 05:45:11 pm »

I did that with the Alexiad. Soon after I got an ebook reader and phased out reading printed stuff almost completely, though.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2011, 07:01:10 pm »

When you buy an eBook and decide you want a physical copy, do you print and bind it yourself, too?
To be fair, converting a VHS to a DVD isn't as difficult as binding a book well. Data is data.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]