Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wait, wait wait wait wait...  (Read 1308 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
Wait, wait wait wait wait...
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:15:59 am »

Are badgers and Giant badgers even allowed to be in the same area simultaneously!? These frigging things are going to destroy me...
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

set

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wait, wait wait wait wait...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:17:43 am »

They all are Giant Badgers. "Regular" ones are just embryos.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:17:53 am »

Try badgermen, the come in the middle of the night, kill a yak or t wo and slink off into the darkness........
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 11:23:52 am »

Got a few badgermen once. They went crazy and started chasing pigeons......They didn't stand a chance against my ballistas though.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 01:30:02 pm »

I recently had a line of badgers, followed by giant badgers, followed by badger men, followed by badgers. Thankfully, there wasn't any more than 1 line around at a time.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 01:50:30 pm »

I had a small attack by badgers, they were caught in cage traps, tamed, turned into war badgers and had small pens in the walls (both inside and out) with which to release them.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 07:09:19 pm »

All this gives me an awesome idea for a concept fort--your dwarves are enslaved by badger men, you are to capture them, and build them glorious palaces with limited goblin access, all without ever taming or even killing a badger.  If a dwarf does hurt a badger, such a transgressor must be thrown into the caverns and made to return of their own accord.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 07:16:45 pm »

I'm going to highly recommend you make the following changes to your badger raws:

[POPULATION_NUMBER:200:300]

[CLUSTER_NUMBER:50:100]

Trust me, it's really Fun.