Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Game idea: Space 4X with twist!  (Read 1557 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Game idea: Space 4X with twist!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 07:33:24 pm »

This reminds me of Beyond Protocol. It's being developed as a open source project now.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 07:40:38 pm »

Well, there's only one way to make this game a reality and you know it ;). Get working on a design document and recruit coders and artists. Given a good design document there are plenty of would-be coders here (and on other forums) that could help you out.

lordxorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 10:59:45 am »

I think there are already a few games like this out there.

I can confirm that same system exist, and that I once played in a MMORPG (which I forgot the name of, it was in beta) where people do pledge themselves to be part of a bigger empire...while still fighting other people within said empire. The overlord doesn't care too much about his vassals beating each other up, since he still get the benefit of all the vassals swearing loyalty to him...but you don't want to anger one of the stronger vassals who are willing to beat you up to stop you annoying the other vassals (which...uh...happened to me once.  :-[ )

I do remember that the MMORPG is fantasy-based, where you run a religious organization gaining followers...

You might be talking about Beyond Protocol which is a MMORTS empire type strategy game, which unfortunately went offline couple months ago.

You had roughly 10 planets per system, and the player who had the most population in the System was automatically titled King, which got votes in the Senate.  The Senate then voted on game changing initiatives that actually held the Devs to the vote, meaning that had to implement the feature that passed. 

So you could pledge you allegiance to your system King and secretly build up to depose him. 
Pages: 1 [2]