Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can't Make Soap  (Read 5453 times)

Justin In Oz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Make Soap
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 10:28:43 pm »

Bugger, dirty, infectious dwarves, syndromes, lions tigers an bears.

Justin In Oz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 06:08:30 pm »

Upon reflection, it all makes sense now.

When I switched over all of the grazers suddenly became hungry. I pasturised them but they would not eat. They just stood there in a field of grass as green as the Sound of Music and starved to death. Secondly I got never ending rocknuts unavailable to sow spam even though there were plenty in the seed store immediately next to the farm plot.

So the three big things that were changed with the version did not work. Soap from oil or tallow, rocknuts that can produce oil and grazer needing pasture simply did not function.

Ergo - FUBAR. Maybe I can abandon and go in in adventure mode.

ffaerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 06:28:43 pm »

Upon reflection, it all makes sense now.

When I switched over all of the grazers suddenly became hungry. I pasturised them but they would not eat. They just stood there in a field of grass as green as the Sound of Music and starved to death. Secondly I got never ending rocknuts unavailable to sow spam even though there were plenty in the seed store immediately next to the farm plot.

So the three big things that were changed with the version did not work. Soap from oil or tallow, rocknuts that can produce oil and grazer needing pasture simply did not function.

Ergo - FUBAR. Maybe I can abandon and go in in adventure mode.

Oh, I feel your pain. Grazers sometimes are larger than any pasture you assign them to (or they can get to that other grass patch because of their poor movement speed). Soap-making (from rendered fat) does work, just don't make more than 1 unit of lye (and ash) at a time and you'll be swimming in soap. One unit of soap is known to last decades, too. That's FUBAR, right. While upgrading the reactions might not reflect upon your saves of older version.
Pages: 1 [2]