Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Axelord.. doesn't even need an axe to kill things.  (Read 1156 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Dwarf Axelord.. doesn't even need an axe to kill things.
« on: July 09, 2011, 02:42:02 am »

Playing the Fortress Defense mod (just got it), and my militia commander, also an axelord, is such a bad ass he doesn't need his axe to kill things.  I put him in "The Pit" and dropped some Beak Wolves in with him, and not only did he proceed to kill them as they were dropped, one of them he bit in the throat and shook it around by his teeth until it bled to death. 

The wolf before that, he finished off by punching it in the upper body and jamming it's rib through its heart.  You can see part of that as well in the screen shot.  Wierd thing is, I didn't know you could punch with a shield and weapon in your hands..

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:45:16 am by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Axelord.. doesn't even need an axe to kill things.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 03:04:13 am »

There's only one difference between a peasant and a killer: Fighting skill.  Also dodge skill.  I have, accidentally, sent out a perfectly agile, Legendary+5 naked soldier.  She had shed her armor, as I had accidentally messed up the uniform selection.  She proceeded to trance and kill two goblins with her bare hands, dodging the rest until the marksdwarves on the castle walls finished them.  A few cuts, a day in the hospital, and she's back out, this time in armor.  I have frequently seen migrants kill goblins on account of their migrant fighter skills.

When a dwarf feels like fighting, then it's gonna happen.  Whether he's holding a weapon or not is a paltry formality.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Axelord.. doesn't even need an axe to kill things.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:23:52 am »

Ah thats good to know.  Right now he's a legendary fighter, as well as his second in command, a speardwarf.   My third best fighter is a dwarf who wields two shields.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !