Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cotton Candy-Strand Extracting  (Read 741 times)

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cotton Candy-Strand Extracting
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:53:42 pm »

So, I have a good set up going so far, found a really good chunk of the spoilerific material on my first try-it's completely solid throughout it, so no danger of waking up the clowns. So, I made an craftdwarf's workshop and selected the strand extracting process and put it on repeat.. Even though I have stonecrafting enabled, nothing happens. I've wait for a part of a season (early-mid) and nothing has happened. Any tips? DO I need to enable something that isn't by default. Any help=much appreciated. Thanks!
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: Cotton Candy-Strand Extracting
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:58:15 pm »

Strand extraction is in the crafting subset of skills with leatherworking, stonecrafting, weaving ect. You will need to enable this labor on a dwarf.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 12:06:14 am »

Strand extraction is in the crafting subset of skills with leatherworking, stonecrafting, weaving ect. You will need to enable this labor on a dwarf.
Yes! Thanks, now this stuff can be put some long-overdue good usage. In addition, I found out I have a High Master strand extractor immigrant.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 12:12:00 am »

That will make it a lot easier as strand extraction takes forever if a dwarf isn't already skilled in it.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 12:21:42 am »

You'll likely want to either restrict your strand extractor, a furnace operator, a smelter, and a craftsdwarf's shop to a sealed facility so no other dwarves can take the strand to a cloth stockpile before they get smelted or have no cloth stockpiles or working looms while you are getting candy. Unfortunately, there's no functional way at present to make cloth stockpiles not accept candy cloth, so if you have one your haulers can scatter the strands where you don't want them to be, and if you have a loom it might auto-clothify your adamantine threads (a very bad thing).
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:27:06 am »

I have not really bothered with the clothing industry, the dwarves don't even put it on if I make them. I'm going more on the metal industry, since I embarked on a volcano, which is proving to be very useful. Thanks for the tips, everyone.