Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Empty coffin?  (Read 789 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Empty coffin?
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:07:05 pm »

Urist McHunter drowned in the river when it thawed. He has a coffin reserved for him automatically, and yet, there is nothing in it. Every part of his body is still in the river. Do I have to make a slab for him, or is him having a reserved coffin good enough to prevent party-goers?

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Empty coffin?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:11:58 pm »

You need a slab or you can try draining the river though I haven't tried that.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:16:18 pm »

What if the river freezes? Can I mine the body out?

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 11:31:45 pm »

If the river freezes, it will destroy the corpse (ice automatically destroys most objects, except for metal ones, if I recall correctly.)  The only way to recover the body is to stop the water flow so dwarves can walk through it safely.  You're better off using an engraved slab as a memorial.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 12:23:45 am »

Or just get used to scenic ghosts.  In old forts it becomes a neat way to identify adults who grew from childhood--as in look, it 21 year old urist and his undead family of 8!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 01:09:44 am »

I originally intended to take on the HFS with this fort without cheating. So I'm just gonna make a slab to avoid any unnecessary accidents. Now, to get through that aquifer...