Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Living styles  (Read 1922 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Living styles
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 03:55:32 pm »

Sometimes, when trees are too scarce to build houses, I dig a 1-tile channel, and dig out a 5x5 chamber for my dwarfs to live in, call them 'pit houses'. I still make my dwarfs live like humans, just not the way I normally would. Not one chamber for all dwarfs, one chamber per dwarf.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Living styles
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 06:54:48 pm »

Mine are strictly needs based, until time of decadence (20+ years in).  Housing out of clay while work continues on the aquifier plug.  Above ground shanty town usually springs up by the third migrant wave.  Then walls keep changing.  Then the caverns open up and some housing goes down there.  Usually at this point I've been forced to make several tomb complexes and some kind of death-trap situation, here I prefer using gravity, cave-ins and ice (rarely magma).  Obviously this also creates peculiar existential pressures on the involved dwarves.  I remember a fort where the duke lived in a jeweled palace under the ground, entertaining various important dwarves 24-7, while the peasants had to make due with a barracks, a bar, open to rain and illicit cock fights for entertainment (pit 10 roosters into a single square pasture.  Surround said pasture with chairs.  Profit!)

More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 [2]