Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Df Presentation  (Read 2420 times)

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Df Presentation
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 10:58:09 am »

Yeah, that sounds like a huge success to me. Glad to hear that your presentation turned out well, grade-wise and interest-wise. Pretty cool if some of them end up playing.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 01:12:36 pm »

But I was the only one in my class who managed to awaken some interest in what I was talking about.
What I mean with that is that they all asked questions, even the girls :)

My wife gets bored when I talk about DF T.T If you have found a girl interested in such a game, go for it. Such females are rare and most likely interesting. That or they be playin' ya, yo.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 03:33:06 pm »

Now I only wish I could have seen it.
well, thanks. It was in norwegian...I don't quite see how you would've gotten much out of it, but I do get what you mean, thanks :)
Yeah, that sounds like a huge success to me. Glad to hear that your presentation turned out well, grade-wise and interest-wise. Pretty cool if some of them end up playing.
Thanks to you too. It turned out really well, thanks to this community.
At least one of them ended up playing it for a bit, and I'm probably going to give him some resources to work with too. A bunch of others seemed interested like all hell, though not all of them have the time to play, considering the exams are coming up.Would be badass if they remembered afterwards :)
The whole class asked for more actually, including the teacher, who is well over 50 years of age. Good stuff :)

But I was the only one in my class who managed to awaken some interest in what I was talking about.
What I mean with that is that they all asked questions, even the girls :)

My wife gets bored when I talk about DF T.T If you have found a girl interested in such a game, go for it. Such females are rare and most likely interesting. That or they be playin' ya, yo.
Tja, all of the girls seemed interested, going on to ask me some questions after class. I feel like a hero somehow >.>
However, that is unlucky... I wish you the best. My girlfriend wants me to teach her the game, and that was after some talk by me.  I encourage you to try to persuade her, though don't be creepy about it :P

metime00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 06:10:38 pm »

Tofu...

You ARE a hero.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 06:30:41 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rvg_52gB3s I imagine at the end of the presentation this played.
Blargh.

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 03:01:59 pm »

Tofu...

You ARE a hero.
Why am I a hero?:P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rvg_52gB3s I imagine at the end of the presentation this played.
Now I wish that I did that.... >.>

metime00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 03:10:57 pm »

Well, you made a school presentation about Dwarf Fortress for school and interested the entire class in the game. If that's not heroic in a fanbase sort of way, I don't know what is!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 11:57:54 am »

Heroic indeed.
Pages: 1 [2]