Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megaprojects  (Read 1295 times)

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megaprojects
« on: June 29, 2011, 10:53:44 pm »

I started a new fort with a megaproject in mind. This is going to be my first one so I'm excited. I was wondering what everyone else is working on.

Mine is going to be an impenetrable temple to Armok with a treasury beneath it. I think it could be interesting but I'll have to wait and see.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Megaprojects
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:12:55 pm »

I didn't start out with it in mind... but I've got the metal for it, so I'm going for a city of shining gold and silver.

ZergSpartan

• Bay Watcher
  • OH GOD BEES
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 12:23:45 am »

Ive got an interesting one going now, Ive dug a 30 tile wide trench across the whole map, with a 5 tile ledge, then parts of the fort on either side and im sloooooooowly drilling the 140+z's down to the magma sea (maybe even to clown town!). Ive had to wall in 1 cavern layer so far with 2 more to go. Bridges of gold and silver span the trench at convinent intervals and every room has a window view of the trench. a massive clear glass shield covers the top of the trench. But it is slooooooow with a 5x5 embark, I have 15 legendary miners going full steam and it takes most of a year to dig down a layer. With the amount of stone ive got so far im probably going to pump magma in to melt the useless stuff and get my fps up. Its alot of fun though.
"Yeah. My plan was to drop some kittens into the siege, and have my dwarves freefall into battle, landing on top of the kittens. The plan was kinda dumb though because the kittens were standing on grates, and the goblins killed them with arrows just as I was releasing the freefalling dwarves. So the dwarves weren't able to land on kittens and just fell and died."

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:59:23 pm »

I'm making a marble palace suspended over a canyon full of freezing river by one support. There will be three levers at the entrance to the bridge to the palace. one drops the palace , the other kills who ever pulls the lever and the third will (hopefully) send in the clowns...I have no idea If if invaders will pull any of these levers and I don't want to, it'll ruin the surprise...
The whole bottom floor of the palace (which has to be passed to get to the up stairs) is all lever operated floor grates. Also looking into editing the raws so I can breed giant cave spiders en masse in nest boxes and give them their own network of tunnels and hatches so I can release them anywhere at will.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.