Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kickass  (Read 4220 times)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Kickass
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 09:18:11 am »

I can find it under the artifacts menu, but there's never a "go to item" key and it pisses me off. In the stocks menu, all my weapons show up in brown with the question mark with two in red (also with question mark), whether my bookkeeper has record keeping or not. It also doesn't show up on my military equipment screen like my artifact hammer, which is currently owned by my militia captain.

Did you set your book-keeper to highest level of recordkeeping? Leave him humming along for a while and the brown will go away! The red ones are generally owned by caravan guards or invaders, IIRC. Or just the caravan guards.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 09:21:16 am »

I'm curious about how much a platinum crossbow weighs.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 09:25:36 am »

I'm curious about how much a platinum crossbow weighs.
And for that matter, it's weight to value ratio, convert that on a comparison to the relative value of platinum on your map and see if it really is worth handing off to a military type.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 09:32:38 am »

I am very jelly.
Best weapon artifact I ever got was a steel mace.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 09:35:37 am »

k'dokey then.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 09:40:28 am »

I am very jelly.
Best weapon artifact I ever got was a steel mace.

My best was probably a tin axe. My favourite was the pig and elf bone sword with diamonds and rubies. Entirely useless but it was perfect for my warlord/fortress comander.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 01:30:41 pm »

I can't remember getting any artifact weapon better than my adamantine crossbows... in a fort with no marksdwarves...

Then again, I can't remember getting any other artifact weapons  :'(

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 [2]