Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: .31 dungeon master  (Read 1533 times)

Halo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
.31 dungeon master
« on: June 27, 2011, 08:04:54 pm »

How difficult is it to mod the raws to put the duneon master back into the game? I'd like to have the ability to tame exotic animals and have more nobles. I know I can change all the animals from pet_exotic to pet, but that only gets me half of what I want. Alternately is there some sort of very basic mod that adds say 3 or 4 nobles into the game? Having a mayor, captain, and baron only is kinda boring. I miss my insane hammerer and tax collector and astronomer.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: .31 dungeon master
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 08:14:37 pm »

Noble functions are mostly broken now. You can add nobles, but they'll be of the same sort as what you have already.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:16:49 pm »

You can add the dungeon master back into the game simply by changing the three [APPOINTED_BY:] lines in its part of the dwarf entity entry in entity_default.txt to refer to the MAYOR or EXPEDITION_LEADER. This won't actually allow you to tame exotic animals, mind you, but it will let you get a dungeon master.

Similar alterations work for the tax collector (but again, have no effect beyond simply giving you another noble). There's no mods that I know of that add nobles, probably because they're somewhat pointless, don't add any functionality, and are just somewhat irritating.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:06:06 am »

I haven't tested it yet, but the Lazy Newb Pack has an 'exotic pet' switch, which seems to be made to get the otherwise exotic animals tamable.

I'm just waiting to catch something that's not a dog.

And still praying that an upgrade brings the ability to tell a trainer what to work on.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Weylyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 06:09:42 am »

I haven't tested it yet, but the Lazy Newb Pack has an 'exotic pet' switch, which seems to be made to get the otherwise exotic animals tamable.

What I think that does is replace all the [PET_EXOTIC] tags with [PET].

Then you don't need a dungeon master at all.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 06:12:33 am »

2010 don't have working nobles, you'll either have to wait for later versions to fix it, or go back to 40d. As for Dungeon master, having an appointable position don't actually permit taming of exotics

You'll have to do as above and change [PET_EXOTIC] to [PET] in either your save raw of critters for already-running game or the base raw before worldgen ( It don't need a regen )