Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to deal with a salt blob. (Spoilers)  (Read 1003 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
How to deal with a salt blob. (Spoilers)
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:08:18 pm »

I've received a rather interesting embark, and demons are now flooding onto the landscape. One of these, the Salt Devil, is a blob with a shell. How would I deal with that? It can't bleed out (I assume), and warriors would rather bite it to death than use a hammer properly.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: How to deal with a salt blob. (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:32:24 pm »

Anything made out of a powder liquid or gas will typically fold after a single hit.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 03:48:56 pm »

Throw a bucket of water on it.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:44:17 pm »

Dump slugs on it ... oh, wait ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Washcloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:58:49 pm »

I just had a salt blob come to my fort  not too long ago. It had wings of skin, three tails and, of course, did some sort of funny type of of thing while movieng. I immediatly moved marksdwarves down to the caverns to test its might (as i was worried it was invinceable)

Imagine my surprise when one untrained marks dorf (who got there far before anyone, tha lil eager duck) with a iron crossbow flinging bone bolts insta killed it.

oh well.
"My dwarves seem to have Terminal Party Syndrome; i can't get them to stop partying all of a sudden"- RCIX

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »

Lucky you, it'd have been nearly invincible had it been made of meat. My legendary swordmaster with a masterwork admantine sword died about 10 times before I figured out how to kill a leech demon (body, shell, mouth) - prick its shell with the sword and hope it bleeds out. Death by a thousand cuts. Didn't help that it could (and would) latch onto my sword arm, suck out my blood, then tear it away all the time; or simply throw me into a wall, exploding me into gore.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?