Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: !!Flat volcano!!  (Read 2915 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
!!Flat volcano!!
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:30:48 pm »

I have a almost flat volcano embark site with the volcano on ground level, if anyone is interrested I could post the save or the world?
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: !!Flat volcano!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:44:10 pm »

Post the seed?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:45:51 pm »

Screenshots?

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 04:47:08 pm »

Are you sure it's not a shallow magma pool? I haven't seen one of those since 40d but you never know. Does it connect to the magma sea?
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 04:53:31 pm »

Are you sure it's not a shallow magma pool? I haven't seen one of those since 40d but you never know. Does it connect to the magma sea?

It goes down about 120 z-levels.

and how do I know the seed etc.
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Sir Crashalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 05:03:06 pm »

I find these often when I generate maps, completely flat embarks with magma pools (or flat volcanos) reaching the surface.
I posted one on the cookbook thread with a link to a download file.

As for getting the world gen parameters, with DF running and playing, press escape and select "export local image" then look in your Dwarf Fortress directory for a text file something like (fortress name)-param-region(X)-(numbers).

When posting those parameters you will need to give a clear description (maybe a screenshot) of exactly where in the world you embarked so others can generate identical worlds and embark in the same place.

Check out the cookbook thread for more info on how to share your maps, new additions are always appreciated by players. :)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64032.375
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:07:44 pm by Sir Crashalot »

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 05:20:42 pm »

Code:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll post a screenshot in a minute.

And the embark region. etc.

It's the one all the way into the bottom-left corner, where the crown is.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 05:26:47 pm by HorridOwn4ge »

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 06:19:20 pm »

And the site itself is pretty good. Large quantities of iron, silver and gold and other metals, cotton candy veins (2 in 3x3) a lot of gems, access to clay, and possibly sand. Too bad it doesn't have stream or aquifer.