Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Huge battlefield?  (Read 597 times)

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
Huge battlefield?
« on: June 25, 2011, 11:24:27 pm »

Doing some adventuring on a island and met some villagers you know nothing special. So I get a job to kil a bowman you know no problem. So I and my 2 companions go to the site and find bodies....lots of them like 5 10 and TONS of weapons and clothing. Also the bodies are both human and goblin and there is a dark fortress on the island. Curious I began to search through the battleground...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
about a dozen goblin and human swords, hammer, and axemen swarm me and my companions. I escaped and am going back with a larger army but does anyone know what can cause this. Tldr: Large battlefield, lots of dead dudes/goblins. Causes?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
Re: Huge battlefield?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 11:27:23 pm »

Most likely two bandits group colliding. It happens sometimes. Also a possible issue with the whole non existent dark fortress thing, since I believe the areas will tend to attract a goblin group even if the site doesn't exist in anything but name. So maybe human bandits running across it. OR, the humans and goblins were both there, and due to some complicated loyalty system that always ends up intertwined, they hadn't fought until you showed up.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

The Button

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 08:05:38 am »

I just saw something like this before picking up the wrong pair of iron boots in a shop and pissing off a whole civ. . . .but back to the topic.  About 5 minutes ago I was sneaking towards this bandit camp and get there to find a few human bandits mopping up the last few goblins.  I crept around grabbing anything I thought I could pawn off to the nearest town.  Oddly enough there was an upright spear trap thingy with a goblin impaled on it.  Once the final human bandit finished he just left.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 07:17:16 pm »

human town build upright spears that they put dead bodies on even if they were friends or enemies atleast according to the wiki
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.