Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trial by Fire  (Read 670 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Trial by Fire
« on: June 26, 2011, 12:28:27 am »

I made an adventurer and went on the usual killing spree.  Thing is, I got bored so I decided to commit suicide by lighting a tree on fire and standing next to it.  Next thing I know, I'm melting and the fat of my body has just burned off.  This was cool, so I tried to repeat a few times.  Thing is, my human character wasn't tough enough to withstand the heat after so many tries.  So I made a Dwarf who has superior toughness and no other attribute.  I managed to test the fire on him, and next I looked, he somehow got Superdwarven toughness.  Has anyone else done this sort of thing? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
Re: Trial by Fire
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 03:29:24 am »

Yes. In the same vein as using fire to melt your fat off in order to become "immune" to later fire.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:24:54 am »

Interesting, I am going to test this.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:32:34 am »

Superior and Superdwarven are the same thing. Also, burning off the fat seems to get more dangerous as more fat is burned, for some reason.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!