Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wrassle'n and pikes!  (Read 971 times)

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wrassle'n and pikes!
« on: June 24, 2011, 02:43:17 pm »

A few simple suggestions really. I'd greatly appreciate when in direct control of an adventurer and wrestling to be able to choose which direction I throw an opponent. as it stands the random direction that gets chosen sometimes has the chance to toss your adversary directly into your own personage, knocking the both of you over in an impressive display.

That being said I'd also be keen on the ability to lift prone (or otherwise gripped ) individuals over your head and move with them. Who among us WOULDN'T like to lift an unconscious foe and toss him spiraling down into a raging river? Maybe implement a body slam that factors in your weight versus the creature your attacking? I could see giants turning dwarves into a fine mist, like they need any help there. Not to mention with a mix of choke holds and carrying, you could get missions to actually abduct or otherwise bring someone in for justice, rather then being a globe trotting assassin for good.

I've also thought about say, the difference between pikes and spears. And given that pikes are tremendous in length when compared to the average spear I would suggest making it a two tile weapon, if at all possible. Only able to attack with a stab if your foe is a sufficient distance away, yet the added range in which you could deliver a strike evening it out. Dwarves behind fortifications delivering a healthy helping of iron to invaders anyone?

If what exactly a creature can reach given its size in comparison to its foe is ever put into the works I could see pikes and lances or the like being the weapon of choice when going up against the more massive of foes, yet less optimal when you're up to your eyeballs in goblins.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrassle'n and pikes!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 09:41:39 pm »

I'd like the option to use a throw or a slam to stun my opponents. I've never seen someone it the ground from a slam, throw, or trip, and not be even slightly stunnned. the various attributes relating to being stunned should of course factor in, but I'd like to be able to slam my opponents around a little bit more. and also to be able to snap necks. I'm fairly sure someone already figured out how to do that, but I can't seem to remember where...

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 01:45:47 am »

I don't play adventure mode much, but isn't there already a "throw" command?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:05:01 am »

I don't play adventure mode much, but isn't there already a "throw" command?
Yeah, but it tosses the enemy in a random direction including, as the OP pointed out, at yourself on occassion.
*Hugs*

Sscral

• Bay Watcher
  • привет
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 04:01:43 pm »

and also to be able to snap necks. I'm fairly sure someone already figured out how to do that, but I can't seem to remember where...

I believe you need to add the [JOINT] tag to the [BODY:NECK] entry, or upper spine, whichever you want to be able to lock and snap.
A three year old just made an artifact doll from the skull of his dead kitten. I can only assume the mind control lasted past death.
"Look, mommy!  Now I can play with Mister Fluffles forever!"