Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zerg rush not possible anymore?  (Read 1033 times)

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zerg rush not possible anymore?
« on: June 23, 2011, 03:55:21 pm »

Hey guys, i just started on the new squad stuff (been away for a while).
I'm currently watching my fortress getting slaughtered, usually I would rally all 91 dwarves to attack the enemy in a single spot and still win due to sheer numberical force. But There seems to be a maximum of 10 units in a military squadron. This caused my lazy ass not to put 9 military commanders on the taskforce, but instead watch as the ten recuits stagger towards the 15 armed to the teeth invaders. It should suffice to say that I currently (2 minutes later) have 22 badly depressed dwarves running around waiting to get ripped to shreds.

Is a zergrush still possible in this version? (Mass-recuits and kekeke the enemy with everything you've got)
Preferably without having to designate several teams, it kind of kills the numerical rushing part.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: Zerg rush not possible anymore?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 04:03:19 pm »

i do believe so.  I'd say just create 9 seperate squads and pause the game.  Have them all rally at one point.  then once their all together pause it again and give each seperate squad a movement command but make sure that they all move to the same space.  Should work as normal
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 04:09:04 pm »

I was afraid so.

I'm too lazy for that, I'd rather lose it all and start again ;) (The game becomes slow anyway)

Guess I'll have to start on building a military next game :) thanks for the answer!

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 04:10:12 pm »

np gl =)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

BronzeElemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 05:06:33 pm »

If you run with a smaller fortress and have a properly trapped entrance you can get away with only a few squads of legends.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 03:31:31 am »

Armour means a lot more now. If the enemy is better equipped than you, "zerg rush" will not work.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 12:26:11 pm »

In DF2010, zerg rush is likely to totally fail against anything other than a few weak melee attackers. One armed, armored dwarf with basic fighting skills is worth 20 civillian "zerglings".