Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Are dwarves that have become used to tragity immune to tantrums?  (Read 11195 times)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Are dwarves that have become used to tragity immune to tantrums?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2011, 02:25:21 pm »

Are there any downsides to not caring about anything anymore, such as being more susceptible to unhappiness from other sources?
I read somewhere that it makes them drink more often. That's a vague memory though with no source attached so experimentation is needed to verify or disprove it.

I haven't seen soldier drink any more often than civvies, even the hardened troops that grinds up with the enemies. I suspect it makes them less sensitive to influence of mood swings, but since player fortresses tend to be filled to brim with happy-making stuffs, it takes longer to 'wear' them down to lower happiness. Of course, I don't really uses any tools so I can't really look and verify, and it'd take, I thinks, a game-decade or two to observe the proper trends.

I've not seen any downside to the condition. They are far harder to push to tantrum, that much's for sure. However, seeing as military ( the one most likely to have the condition ), tend to be away from the areas that usually have the best stuffs, I guess it balances out a bit.

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are dwarves that have become used to tragity immune to tantrums?
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2011, 02:29:26 pm »

I'm not sure but it seems like hauling migrant corpses will give them that effect after awhile. My guess is there are many things that factor into it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]