Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Biggest town you've seen?  (Read 1392 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Biggest town you've seen?
« on: July 13, 2011, 02:44:38 am »

I played adventure mode yesterday. I started from a civilization that inhabited a large island (perhaps a continent?) in the north. Usually the towns I see in adventure mode have been 3-15 sites big, but this one... sorry, I can't get a screenshot now, but it's a lump of about 100 sites if not more. Never seen one that large (although I'm a newish player, so it may be more common).

Is this kind of town bloat caused by the isolationist nature of the civilization (no other civ on the same continent)?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Raul351

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Digital Art☼
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest town you've seen?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 02:54:58 am »

im not lucky to have big towns in the world gen but the closest is a few small towns close together near a slightly large town, sometimes i wonder about a giant super city but that never happens for me
I am not liable for any disappointment attributed to this post.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:16:57 am »

You can make it pretty funny by removing population and site limits as well. Lots of hamlets with heaaapppsss of people... Till they starve anyway.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 06:21:25 am »

Yeah, but this was a normal map gen, nothing special...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 08:04:19 pm »

its most likly because their alone theres no war to decease the pop and because there limited land there stacked up seen it once in a bluemoon
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 12:39:30 am »

its most likly because their alone theres no war to decease the pop and because there limited land there stacked up seen it once in a bluemoon

This is quite likely to be it, although the continent they're on isn't exactly crowded.