Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Free Games  (Read 1102 times)

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Free Games
« on: June 23, 2011, 06:12:30 am »

People always post on this forum about "looking for good free games" and "any good free games about?", so I figured making a list of the free games people thought were good / enjoyable wouldn't be such a bad idea. I'll update this list as people post 'em. Feel free to contribute and we'll see how big of a list we can compile. :p

Spoiler: Free Games (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flash Games (click to show/hide)

No limitations on whether the game's actually considered good by anyone else or not, just as long as YOU say it's good, it gets posted. Please try to give a sentence to describe it or something, though.

My question is, should I include MMOs?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Games
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 06:21:12 am »

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:21:55 am »

There's already such a list. See here. The google spreadsheet has over 200 games listed and the last post was just over a month ago, so it's not hopelessly dead.

Edit: Dammit, ninja'd.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 06:24:11 am »

Let's get it on!

Bunny Must die - A metroidvenia style game that has a squeal built in. Hard game, but very fun with great weapons to choose from.
Chalk - This is what the wii should have been like. Game involving using your mouse to destroy moving targets in space, and stuff. Play it, it is really a very good game!
Elona - Roguelike that tastes like Japan. What else do you need?
Herocore - Sort of metroidvenia. Reminds me of the NES space fortress. EPIC visual style.
Karoshi - BEST PUZZLE GAME!
Kyntt - This thing basically made the environmental game genera. It is nice. It feels like how you want this sort of game to feel.

EDIT: Oh look, ninjas.

EDIT 2:
There's already such a list. See here. The google spreadsheet has over 200 games listed and the last post was just over a month ago, so it's not hopelessly dead.

Are we looking at the same list? That is not over 200.

EDIT 3:
Oh look, tabs. Aren't I a derp.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:52:25 am »

I have been shamed.