Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Firefox... 5?  (Read 1378 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Firefox... 5?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 12:54:25 am »

Wouldn't it make sense if the first digit group of the version number only incremented after a major UI change, since it's, you know, the part that the average user sees?

Then reserve the second group to be incremented after critical security updates, because earlier numbers *must* be more important than later ones, right? And you want the less technical users to see it as a big awesome upgrade rather than something that can be put off for a week.

And just tack on another number to indicate changes less useful to average users, just so that they can see that something changed. Have a link to expand it to another four or so groups for categories such as performance enhancement, added features, add-on incompatibilities, bug fixes, etc. because there is guarenteed to be a pretty significant number of users who find such information interesting and even perhaps useful.

Unrelated: Firebug actually is quite useful for non-development. You can use it to delete elements, such as a particularily annoying and laggy floating div with an ad (or lack-of-ad, if the ad was blocked but the container remained), though it only works until you refresh the page or navigate elsewhere.
Eh?
Eh!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 12:55:39 am »

Goodness would I love to be able to delete adds right off a page.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 05:53:45 am »

Compiled this today. Scrolling feels much smoother now.
Pages: 1 [2]