Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recipe Thread - For ALL recipes!  (Read 639 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Recipe Thread - For ALL recipes!
« on: January 15, 2011, 09:20:47 am »

Because the other recipe thread decided on having a theme to their recipes for a week, and because I could not honestly see 'Australian Cuisine' becoming a theme, I've decided to make my own thread.

List any recipes you have. Any at all, as long as they make something fit for human consumption at the end (e.g, no dwarven sugar roasts). It might also help to drop them into a spoiler tag with a title on it, for easy browsing.
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=title goes here][/spoiler]
Spoiler: ANZAC biscuits (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lamington cake (click to show/hide)

And there you go. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:33:23 am by Doomshifter »
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Thread - For ALL recipes!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:53:47 am »

...It loses the "OMG RAW EGGS" factor when combined with milk and sugar)

It doesn't even need the milk to lose the raw egg factor. I found out that in the Piemontese region of Northern Italy, they sometimes in cold weather simply drink raw egg + sugar. It's delicious.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 05:54:39 pm »

Spoiler: Cheap Egg Nog (click to show/hide)
Missing nutmeg!

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »

I've used that before, I just tend to buy cinnamon instead because it's about as good and I can use cinnamon in more things. Nutmeg is just... hrm. I'll pick up some more, see how it goes.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 01:08:24 pm »

I'm going to necro this to introduce two breakfast sandwiches that are great any time, the Trickey and the Trickey Deluxe (both named after a friend, the inventor of the Butter Sandwich and fan of 150 pages on Facebook entitled "bacon").

The Trickey
Take two hashbrowns- the patty sort, not the cube sort. Put a small patty of butter on each one, and two strips of bacon:

Hashbrown
Butter
Bacon
Butter
Hashbrown

The Trickey Deluxe
The same as above, except for the addition of a butter biscuit, two more hashbrowns and two sausage patties:

Biscuit half
Hashbrown
Sausage patty
Hashbrown
Butter
Bacon
Butter
Hashbrown
Sausage patty
Hashbrown
Biscuit half

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.