Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soargold - Fallen from the Shoulders of Giants  (Read 693 times)

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Soargold - Fallen from the Shoulders of Giants
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:32:47 am »

One of my best forts collasped into an orgy of crime and bloodlust. The start of the end started when I had an accident while making a cave in trap to trap an FB (I miscalulated the extent of the cave in dust and it 'sucked' half a dozen dwarves from a meeting zone I had set up on the lever to drop it.) Since everyone was a friend of a friend, the shit hit the fan very quickly and it took a while before I realized that my jail was full and my COTG was killing everybody. I even set up a few squads to patrol my fort to kill bersekers and ordered a quite a few more coffins. Someone also apparently dodged down one of my wells and into my 5-something cistern that I had set up viewing windows in (something I was quite proud of and ended up restricting it in fear of someone breaking down a window) and gotten stuck after finding the outer door of the emegency air-lock locked. I missed his 'Urist mcdumbass has starved in cistern airlock' during the genocide and the children chacing dwarves around with sharp objects.

I wrote this after a bit of reflection on what I did wrong (as I did set off the spiral with the classical q-a-P).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:38:58 am by Eoganachta »
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.