Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tabbable/Sortable Unit Listing  (Read 478 times)

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tabbable/Sortable Unit Listing
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:01:33 pm »

Apologies if this has already been requested, but I find one major drawback to to playing Fortress mode has been the ever-expanding unit list.  It starts out small and manageable, but as pop grows AND kills are racked up, it becomes very difficult to see what is going on.  Is it possible, in some future release, to have the unit list page tabbed or on/off sortable by type of unit, status of unit, etc... For example, I might want to see just the miners... or woodworkers... or military; those who are preoccupied and those who are idle; those who are animals, hostile, alive or dead, etc.  I guess even if it was a simple matter of an on/off switch (or even a separate screen) for the deceased, it would be a much friendlier screen to use.

Thanks!  Keep up the good work!

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tabbable/Sortable Unit Listing
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 01:46:20 am »

Perhaps implement a substring filter for unit list? Like the one on the embark screen or in the depot. Ideally, the filter would check not only dwarf's profession, but also dwarf's current status/job.
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 07:08:06 am »

This will probably go with the interface overhaul... While you wait you could always use Dwarf Therapist, it's very handy :D
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 05:39:27 pm »

wtb a split so I don't have 6000 dead goblins and kobolds on my list in my old fortresses.
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.