Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mountain Titan  (Read 991 times)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
Mountain Titan
« on: July 08, 2011, 04:40:28 pm »

I'm dealing with a big crystal glass spider titan is there any way to kill him without using cave-ins, danger rooms or collapsing something underneath him?
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Titan
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:53:08 pm »

I guess nvm my marksdwarves have fractured every part of him time to send the meatbags in!
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »

He stabbed the titan in the abdomen with his spear and it sailed off in an arc, that's one big-ass spear.

eRaz0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 04:58:26 pm »

Heh. I had a Hill Titan that was in the form of a Crow - having never seen a giant eagle, my poor dorfs were wholly unprepared for the fire-breathing flying critter descending upon from on high.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 06:49:21 pm »

I hate it when they are made of inorganic materials like glass or stone. You can't butcher them, and you can't even USE the glass or stone!
Being a human is actually a type of bullying.

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:08:18 pm »

A crystal glass spider? That sounds AWESOME. Instead off killing it, have your own GCS launch webs at the monster while it is walking over a large grid of cage-traps. If he gets hit by the web, and he will, his TRAPAVOID will become nullified and he'll fall in.

Then you have a giant crystal glass spider to do whatever you want with!

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 04:10:19 pm »

A crystal glass spider? That sounds AWESOME. Instead off killing it, have your own GCS launch webs at the monster while it is walking over a large grid of cage-traps. If he gets hit by the web, and he will, his TRAPAVOID will become nullified and he'll fall in.

Then you have a giant crystal glass spider to do whatever you want with!

Fort got killed later on by a FB made out of nickel silver with deadly dust, making everyone blind.