Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Specific Mods?  (Read 1369 times)

Adventure Mode Specific Mods?
« on: June 17, 2011, 07:48:59 am »

What are some good Adventure mode mods?

I've checked out Genesis, but like most other mods, it adds most features for Fortress mode.

Is there any mod that adds new player races, new items, new monsters, crafting, magical items (not necessarily magic spells though), and maybe adds in eating/drinking requirements as well as required protection from the environment (ie warm clothes in cold climates) and makes all the currently useless skills/stats useful?

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Specific Mods?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 08:09:18 am »

All the stats? Like musicality?
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:41:48 am »

There aren't actually many useless stats... ;)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 08:48:12 am »

All the stats? Like musicality?

Yeah.

According to the wiki:

Creativity - Currently completely useless in adventure mode. Normally it impacts crafting skills.
Patience - Currently useless.
Memory - Appears to be useless.
Musicality - Completely useless as of yet.

Is there a mod that enables use of these?

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 09:26:13 am »

I'd like to hear about these too, most mods seem to only add to Fortress Mode.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 10:03:44 am »

I realize we can tie things to skills, but I'm not entirely sure of how you would go about enabling things to stats (as the effects of most stats that are useful are hardcoded).

Anyway:

Is there any mod that adds new player races, new items, new monsters, crafting, magical items (not necessarily magic spells though), and maybe adds in eating/drinking requirements as well as required protection from the environment (ie warm clothes in cold climates) and makes all the currently useless skills/stats useful?

I'm not so sure about the stats and protection from the environment, but if you count "fireball" arrows that burst into flame after being conjured, Genesis mod has all the other stuff you're looking for.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 11:16:48 am »

Wanderer's Friend and it's supplement mod-mod, Blacksmith's Friend.

Aside from that, most if not all of these mods just involve reactions.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 12:27:30 pm »

I'd just stick to Genesis, but it has weird problems, like nothing in the world being hostile to me no matter what I do.

Makes for a pretty boring adventure if everything just lets you strangle them to death with no repercussions :/

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 12:55:47 pm »

I'd just stick to Genesis, but it has weird problems, like nothing in the world being hostile to me no matter what I do.

Makes for a pretty boring adventure if everything just lets you strangle them to death with no repercussions :/

Did you start out as an outsider? Are you ridiculously famous?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 01:32:58 pm »

No! That's what I find odd. I just started as a Keeper from a civ :/

Could this be because I don't have the latest greatest version or something? There's a bunch of files on the thread for it. Ironhand, Phoebus, ASCII and then Some additional versions by another modder. I've used the Main Ironhand and main Phoebus ones and both give this problem. I'm doing a complete re-install of the main Ironhand file along with the updated/tweaked files by the other modder and seeing if that helps my issue right now.

lack of documentation makes this harder than it really should be :/

I should also ask, since it's bugging the crap out of me, is there a way I can fix the interface graphics from being the same as the in-game graphics? All the periods (.) in the game show up as dirt; even those in the message log O.o
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:55:20 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 02:27:02 pm »

Well I made a slew of adventure friendly commands for Dfusion.
two that open up the ability to carry people, some that just necromancy and companion control.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 09:57:25 pm »

the link in my sig takes you to a mod that is almost entirely adventure mode specific.

Q. Is there any mod that adds new player races,

A. I made new races but haven't included the files in this version so no.

Q. new items,

A. yes

Q. new monsters,

A. same with races.  made them but they weren't working correctly so they're not included in this version.

Q. crafting,

A. Yes!

Q. magical items (not necessarily magic spells though),

A. yes

Q. and maybe adds in eating/drinking requirements as well as required protection from the environment (ie warm clothes in cold climates) and makes all the currently useless skills/stats useful?

A. no
Love,

Dr. Agon
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 01:12:13 am »

I'm actually using BattleCraft right now. It does pretty much the same thing Genesis does, but with way more options and a more balanced magic summon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 04:22:05 am »

No! That's what I find odd. I just started as a Keeper from a civ :/

Could this be because I don't have the latest greatest version or something? There's a bunch of files on the thread for it. Ironhand, Phoebus, ASCII and then Some additional versions by another modder. I've used the Main Ironhand and main Phoebus ones and both give this problem. I'm doing a complete re-install of the main Ironhand file along with the updated/tweaked files by the other modder and seeing if that helps my issue right now.

lack of documentation makes this harder than it really should be :/

I should also ask, since it's bugging the crap out of me, is there a way I can fix the interface graphics from being the same as the in-game graphics? All the periods (.) in the game show up as dirt; even those in the message log O.o
Dots go for the land tile, so they have to be used as dirt tiles.
You can switch on the TRUETYPE support and then your text will be fine... But it is prone to crashes, the next DF version (hopefully) will be better at this department.

About everything friendly... Wow, I've never had it. Do you have a save still?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository