Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 3DS game recommendations  (Read 5564 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS game recommendations
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 07:26:13 am »

If you like Sonic games, Sonic Generations has a 3DS port.

In the vein of Harvest Moon games, Rune Factory 4 will most likely come to the US.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 10:28:47 am »

I'll happily recommend The World Ends With You to anyone who owns a DS. It's an immensely clever RPG by Square Enix that does an excellent job of capitalizing upon the DS's more outlandish traits without ever descending into being a simple tech demo. It should be pretty cheap by this point, having come out for the original DS back in the dark days of 2008.

The narrative is a glorious story of what happens when you drop a fairly standard misanthropic amnesiac JRPG protagonist into a setting where failure to become a worthwhile human being will kill him. What follows is raw, fashion-mongering, vending-machine-dropping, pin-collecting, precision-snacking brilliance.

Oh, and in spite of what the box and Wikipedia think, the game has excellent multiplayer. The game runs separate but co-dependant combats on each of the DS's screens and it's a bit much for one brain to handle, so you'll tend to leave the partner's screen running the fairly good AI mode. Switching the AI off and having a friend use half the buttons to manage the top screen while I used the stylus to fight on the bottom one is some of the best fun I've had with a DS. Surprisingly effective too.
[/b]
Holy Shit, I'm going to have to try that.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 12:05:02 pm »

Oh, cool. Kinda thought this thread was dead when it hit the third page, glad I came back to some new posts. Definitely going to grab The World Ends with You, I'll look into the rest. Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 12:20:36 pm »

I'd also recommend that you pick up one of the Pokemon Mineral/Color games. They're kind of samey, but you should really play at least one.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 12:31:15 pm »

Guys, 3DS was what was asked for not DS, we all know there are countless great DS games out there but try and stick to the 3DS ones...
Theres not exactly many 3DS games that are both good and have come out.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:13:26 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 01:05:59 pm »

Guys, 3DS was what was asked for not DS, we all know there are countless great DS games out there but try and stick to the 3DS ones...
Theres not exactly many 3DS games that are both good and have come out.
+1. System's still in its baby stages. Why not wait a while and play DS games for now?

EDIT: I AM ASHAME.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:47:42 pm by freeformschooler »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 01:13:53 pm »

We seem to be in a loop of broken quotes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 04:38:33 pm »

Oh yeah, you like Mario Kart? Mario Kart 7 is good. Unless you don't like Mario Kart in which case Mario Kart 7 is bad. But you should like Mario Kart.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 05:02:02 pm »

Oh yeah, you like Mario Kart? Mario Kart 7 is good. Unless you don't like Mario Kart in which case Mario Kart 7 is bad. But you should like Mario Kart.
Espeically when you get pictures like this related to it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2]