Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dokapon Kingdom  (Read 4831 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dokapon Kingdom
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 08:29:41 pm »

I would play the hell out of that if there were a way.
Shoes...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:48 pm »

I would play the hell out of that if there were a way.
Same. Man, that would be SO awesome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 12:58:01 pm »

I played diplomacy once and it made me miserable.  i just dont have the temperment...fills me with hate.
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 04:15:58 pm »

I played diplomacy once and it made me miserable.  i just dont have the temperment...fills me with hate.
Ummm.... What.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 05:59:22 pm »

I'm not totally familiar with diplomacy, but if you're talking about the screwing each other over part, the being able to come back part helps immensely. Also, there isn't usually much "treachery" so much as "it's a ruthless free-for-all from the get-go." In my experience, at least, agreements are usually limited to unspoken/briefly explained, mutually beneficial "let's not mess with each other at precisely this moment" type deals.

Also, while it's ultimately a competitive game, it's not directly zero-sum; it's entirely possible to better yourself even when another player is far too strong for you to directly challenge.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

jennyline

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 04:50:26 am »

I've never even heard of this game, it's not a very well known game...as I heard,  it's only 20 bucks(less than that used). If you have friends to play with it's awesome, but playing against the computer is boring.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 07:24:04 pm »

I've never even heard of this game, it's not a very well known game...as I heard,  it's only 20 bucks(less than that used). If you have friends to play with it's awesome, but playing against the computer is boring.

And horrifying.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 08:08:42 pm »

Apparently, there are other modes for the Wii.  Dunno about the PS2, if so I'd probably snag this game.

Also, note that OP's problem of not being the right type of character to win would simply not happen with two other human players, as the other humans would undoubtably chose other types of characters.

Come on, has anyone EVER played a multiplayer RPG without one guy trying to be Mr. Muscle?

Oh, and that is a sad story.  I've been there before (final level of original Armored Core, WTF?!?).  Hope you'll try again someday.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 08:28:39 pm »

from the website, the images they show and description of the game, this looks absolutely HORRIBLE. Just thought I would pop in an pee on the parade, ok back to your regular programming!

8)
I got nothing

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 08:48:10 pm »

Eh, I enjoyed Makai Kingdom and Soul Nomad.  I'll probably never complete either of them, but they were fun for a few days.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 10:54:19 pm »

Alright, so I will admit that despite it's flaws, I'm kinda addicted to this game. I went back to the game I was moaning about earlier, and beat it quite handily after collecting myself, going in with the correct set of items (a vanish and super spinner to breeze past the bullshit monsters) and using the correct ability (soul fire! Now it's like I actually invested points into strength! A fight progressing long enough will easily pump me up to 999 strength, the highest amount attainable.) and I was able to cream the penultimate and the ultimate boss with relatively no difficulty. and my friends got to watch the hilarious ending.

I ended the game with ~36 million in assets, as an awesome alchemist.

And now I'm running through the game again, except this time as a muscle-bound tough guy with almost no magic whatsoever. I'm currently a spellsword at the moment, after having mastered Warrior, Thief, Mage, and Ninja.

I'm still upset at how lategame monsters will insist on spamming equipment breaking, or instant death techniques that can't be countered in any way, shape, or form, and how they have pseudo-omniscience... or how the three coolest job classes, Hero, Robo Knight, and Acrobat, are virtually unattainable unless you spend hours just achieving the prerequisites to getting them, which kind of flies in the face of how fast paced the game is.

SO I got it into my head to create a forum game spinoff of Dokapon Kingdom, cheekily named "Dokaponopoly". I'll need some more time to think out how I'd like to do it, and to write down all the details, but I think it'd be really fun to do, and I'd iron out the rules to eliminate alot of the more stupid aspects of the game, and make it more strategic while retaining the element of bastardry.

Now, if only I had unlimited internet access, I could have enough time to moderate such a game.
Pages: 1 [2]