Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Option to show creature descriptions during conversation/kill bragging  (Read 882 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

It is currently very easy to not know what the person you are talking to currently actually looks, if you just talk to someone without 'l'ooking at them first. But presumably, when you are talking to someone, they have your attention and you are usually looking at them, at least in some fashion. Similarly, if a major enemy brags about its kills and threatens to kill you, it probably has your attention in the same way. As such, I would suggest an option to display a creature's description at the start of a conversation or when it starts its bragging routine. This should help not only in reducing the number of keypresses, but also in giving a better feel of who some of the people you meet are.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Urist McArmok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It only makes sense. If you could see what the bandit leader looks like (ripped? scarred? missing an eye/hand/etc?), it would help you decide whether to kill him or kill him from a distance.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like it.

mars7a

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile

I love this idea. Adds to the immersion.
Something like, when talking to people:

You begin to converse with an elf swordsman. He is a blah blah elf description sentient being that loves trees or w/e. His blah blah blah description blah blah.

Elfinheimer McPointyEars: Hello Urist McDwarf. It is good to see you.

And when threatened:

You are confronted by a batman. He is a humanoid with the face of a whatever or something. His bluh blah ok.

Batman: I am Batman, slayer of Elfinheimer McPointyEars. I AM THE NIGHT.

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile

Bumping this to add my support. This would go miles toward making the game tie together more fluidly.

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this should also mention missing limbs and scars! I love this!
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

this should also mention missing limbs and scars! I love this!
Yup, that's the idea.  :)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu