Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are babies supposed to crawl?  (Read 925 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Are babies supposed to crawl?
« on: June 09, 2011, 06:08:52 pm »

Because titles have a tendency to confuse people, let me explain:

I borrowed and messed with a clay golem I found. One change was to make them reproduce. One gave birth to a two baby clay golems. They are crawling around, unlike their parents.
Do humanoid creatures crawl around when infants or did I mess something up?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Are babies supposed to crawl?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:20:02 pm »

Badies crawl, its just what they do. If you dont want them to you can make them be born as children.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »

heres my question is the mother dead because she should carry them and not let them crawl
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 09:48:40 am »

heres my question is the mother dead because she should carry them and not let them crawl

Only your Civvies carry their young. If it's a pet then the babies are left to fend for themselves, and will crawl all over the place.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 11:14:22 am »

are you sure? i had a elf that was in slaveryrehabitation at my forttress was caring her babys my next group of slaves elf friends
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:35:06 pm by stabbymcstabstab »
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 11:31:51 am »

Babies are tagged internally as being insane (I think it's the same as the "staring into space" status used by HFS prisoners back in 40d) which causes them to be permanently prone and wander around aimlessly (including off of cliffs). This is probably why older versions of 0.31.xx would sometimes report "Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 07:05:30 pm »

are you sure? i had a elf that was in slaveryrehabitation at my forttress was caring her babys my next group of slaves elf friends

Might count as part of your civ as she gave birth in your expert care
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 08:21:03 pm »

might i did make it so they would cut trees and make beds and barrels  :D  but she was one of the biscuit meat food providing elfs so she was still considered a pet also any one what some Elf Roast?