Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick help on attack tokens.  (Read 603 times)

Griallia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick help on attack tokens.
« on: June 12, 2011, 08:16:53 am »

I'm creating a massive species of a bunch of domestic animals mixed together and their suppose to siege your fortress in insanely large numbers. 30 animals per squad. Ranging from rabbits mounting alpacas to cats charging drawbridges on water buffalo.

The problem is i'm stuck on this petty error.
Code: [Select]
DOMREBEL:DOG_MALE:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
DOMREBEL:DOG_FEMALE:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:42:31 pm by Griallia »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Quick help on when animal attack mod.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 11:18:37 am »

It's reporting a problem with ATTACK:KICK, but your CREATURE:DOMREBEL doesn't have ATTACK:KICK.  Make sure you clear the contents of your errorlog.txt to make sure this isn't an old error.  Also, make sure that you're testing the same copy of the taws you're editing, remember that each save game folder has its own copy of the raws.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Griallia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 05:41:47 pm »

The problem is this. The game reconizes the token for the first attack. The second attack uses the weird stance thing. I can either remove the attack completely or try to fix it. The strangest part is this is copied directly from the raws. It seems to work for the domestic dog but not my ,feral siege you for lolz, dog.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 09:32:04 pm »

The problem is this. The game reconizes the token for the first attack. The second attack uses the weird stance thing. I can either remove the attack completely or try to fix it. The strangest part is this is copied directly from the raws. It seems to work for the domestic dog but not my ,feral siege you for lolz, dog.

Try substituting your scratch attack with this, although I doubt it will work.

Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]

or try this one:

[ATTACK:SCRATCH:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]

But seriously now, this is very strange. Your errorlog is calling for a non existent attack for some reason. SCRATCH is an attack name, yet your errorlog refers to KICK. You might have an error somewhere else in your raws, posting a bigger chunk of it here will help, provided the above attacks don't work.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Griallia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick help on attack tokens.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 06:36:16 am »

I think it's how I arranged the castes. Should I define all the castes first, then use select caste to edit the animal data into it? rearranging some of the stuff fixed some of the errors before.

Griallia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick help on attack tokens.
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 07:13:21 am »

Fixed.

It was a weird caste thing. The reason I found it was because the mule was defined as it's own caste. I tried sharing tags for everything else like dogs and cats, but that didn't work out too well.