Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to change the number of starting dwarves at embark?  (Read 2628 times)

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to change the number of starting dwarves at embark?
« on: June 12, 2011, 10:04:45 pm »

Hello,

I had a thread from where I asked this questions before but it seems to be gone. =(

I've tried searching and found a way to do this by editing files with a hex editor but I don't remember have to do it that way in before. Whats the beast way to change my number of Dwarves at embark?

Thanks

hitto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to change the number of starting dwarves at embark?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:17:58 pm »

DFusion does that, run it, type 6, return, your desired number of dwarves, return, and embark on the world map, and you should have your 200 dorfs. Adjust your starting points adequately when worldgenning.

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:22:47 pm »

Nice,

I've been changing the starting points at the embark screen where I spend the using a memory editor. Is there a place in the files I can change my starting points so that my saved embark profiles that use more than the default number of points will work?

Schattensonner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 10:15:52 pm »

Hm.. If you use a preset world with advanced parameters you can find and edit the starting embark points in  *DF-FOLDER*/data/init/world_gen.txt

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This way you can also have more than 10,000 embark points.. waaay more

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 08:16:29 am »

Nice

hitto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 12:13:12 pm »

Right, but you need to generate a new world. Have fun pigging out with your 99999 points ;) I recommend trying out every one of the dwarven civs before truly settling somewhere as sometimes you can buy giant eagles, grizzly bears and cave crocs! Build bedrooms FAST.