Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Necromancy and Modding  (Read 1558 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancy and Modding
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 10:51:08 am »

That's fairly easy to do. Make a caste which spreads "dark chants" or something around them which affects other creatures and makes them into an undead form, and make them immune to it. And voila, everyone else in your fortress is an undead!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

nocker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 11:10:41 am »

That's fairly easy to do. Make a caste which spreads "dark chants" or something around them which affects other creatures and makes them into an undead form, and make them immune to it. And voila, everyone else in your fortress is an undead!
I was hoping more for an "animation workshop" for where they'd drag the goblins killed in ambushes and such.

Ideally, skeletons should decay (in fortress time, in a couple of years or so), thus requiring new meat for the workshops. :P

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 11:20:43 am »

The application of necromancy on the dead legendarys so they chant their secrets and teach those who know their language their crafts.

-fills chamber full of whispering skulls-
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 11:42:29 am »

If the Interaction syndromes are as flexible as we currently expect it to be, then the possibilities will be near endless. A slight mutation gives you wings? Make a humanoid creature with wings and the ability to fly.

I've decided to postpone any kind of modding until this version comes out, so that I won't have to recheck all of my preexisting raws.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 02:08:47 pm »

I was hoping more for an "animation workshop" for where they'd drag the goblins killed in ambushes and such.

Ideally, skeletons should decay (in fortress time, in a couple of years or so), thus requiring new meat for the workshops. :P
Still easy to do. Give them attr. rust which shows that they decay, and make the syndrome to actually affect their flesh and organs, which would lead to death eventually. Lots of imagination (and I already predict A LOT of dodging around hardcoded things to achieve desired results!).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]