Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kings and Trade  (Read 599 times)

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kings and Trade
« on: June 11, 2011, 05:51:21 pm »

As it stands now, when you become the Mountain Home, you can no longer create a Trade Agreement. I think that the King should be able to order the other mountain halls to export certain goods to the Mountain Home. This would work similarly to creating a Trade Agreement, excepting you'd do it through the nobles screen, at any time up to a month before the caravan arrives (perhaps there would be a better chance of getting what you want, the earlier you set up the order). Certainly some of this should come as offerings for the monarch, the rest could be bought as normal (though if taxes are implimented, those would probably be brought through the caravan as well, and you could use the taxes to trade for what you want).

I'm not sure exactly what Toady has planned for Noble Domains and Hill Dwarves and the like, but I imagine this might also apply to the various kinds of nobles, but only within they're domains (thus getting less of whatever trade good you want).

I imagine Toady has thought about this, but I just thought I'd give my 2 copper coins.

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings and Trade
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 09:26:50 pm »

This is essentially a mandate system that you can administer.
Hello.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 09:29:08 pm »

hum I love this idea, we already tribute items to the king, so why not have other castles tribute to him when he's with you.  You could even add in a war-tribute type thing for civs you previously have been at war with, you could demand regular tributes with the caravans after peace has been made.
Nom nom nom

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 11:56:08 pm »

This is a great idea.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 12:48:59 am »

Fully support.

As a king, you should be able to declare trade price multipliers for all settlements of your civilization.

And all settlements of your civilization should be able to ignore your prices and send you f***tons of stone mugs anyway. Just to make you feel a taste of your own medicine. :-)
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 07:58:26 am »

"What in Armoks name is this... More +Salt Rock Mugs+? I didn't order these! I said *Yak Tripe Biscuits*!"
I support this idea.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 03:08:54 pm »

I support it too, but we all know that no matter what we ask for they'll just ignore it and pump out prepared meals for us.  ;D
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 03:34:06 am »

I belive release 6 should cover this
Quote from: Dev log
Release 6

Dwarf mode trading improvements incorporating all the world gen/supply/demand/merchant info etc.

but we will see
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.