Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The history of Amxu Vilefaints, greatest orc warrior I have ever seen.  (Read 2113 times)

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile

So, I was checking the history of my newly-generated world in legends viewer when something picked my interest. I was looking over the bloodiest batles in history when I found the grand batle of "The Dented Assaults", at the top. What was intresting was not the participants (The East Clearings, a Elven civ and The Ruthlessness of Angusting, a Orc civ), nor were the number of deaths particularly impressive (Exactly 1250). No, what i found the most intresting was the "circunstances" of the defenders.

Or maybe I should say defender.

First, it should be said the the orcs in question were very much peacefull. Despite being hated by humans, dwarves and elves alike, they never atacked any of these parts, prefering to live in isolation, in the only 2 cities they ever built, the original Blackyell and a colony called Acejackals. While their initial years are filled with turmoil and bloody batles, the real story begins in 233, with the conquest and subsequent destruction of their homeland, the city of Blackyell, by The Embraces of Diamond, another elven civ.

At this time, Amxu was already 36 years old, and having lived all his life in the relatively peacefull colony, it was a bit of a shock when the entire war started comming down on the city. By arround that time, the city had a population of only arround 30 people, including him. As a  child (orcs are only considered adults when they are over 50 years old), he was naturaly protected by his elders, even in those troubled times. Even so, like all true orcs, he kept training in the arts of warfare, even when everione he knew was figthing in the walls.

In 251, a horrendous creature of the nigth atacked Amxu. Its said that he was beaten and the creature tried to consume his mind just before the others found him and managed to make the creature flee, never to be seen again. Its unknown what Amxu experienced in those moments of near death and ethernal darkness, nor would he speak about it to anyone, but something inside him snapped. In just a few months, he learned the power and inner strength that took even the best of orcs years to learn. Then, one day, he began meditating. Meditating on your iner strenght is a ritual all orcs must do to be considered true warriors, and it usualy takes periods of a month, were the orc doesent sleep, eat or drink, but is instead mantained through spiritual power alone. After this process, he was finaly initiated into adulthood, and kept training till the day he would finaly prove himself to his ancestors.

The war againsh the The Embraces of Diamond was, eventualy, won after the orcs managed two decisive victories, killing almost a thousand and nine hundred elves and their servants in total, and losing but thirteen of the warriors. This was stil a kind of phyric victory, as it brought the population to just 22. This, however, was not the end. Another civilization put their eyes on these almost legendary survivors. These were the elves of The East Clearings.

Knowing well that this would be the last war any of them would participate in, they all grabed their weapons and went to batle. over the course of 6 batles, names like Ngokang Devildented and Stasost Obscurefell  came down in history as titans of batle, hording wave after wave of elves and beasts and killing elven commanders in duel, dispite their cowardly tricks and witchcraft. In total, the 21 orcs, in 5 batles, destroyed over two thousand and six hundred Elves, with those two mwntioned killing over 600 and 300 respectively. During all these trials, Amxu still trained. Its said that, before the penultimate batle, Snang Reclusedooms, one of the current Keeper of the civilization, gave a simple crown of elf bone and a suit of Meteorite, the redish metal created from fallen stars, to Amxu. Its unknown what words were traded that day between the two, but after Stasost went to batle, never to return, Amxu meditated one last time, on his life and the hatred of elves burning inside him.

A few months later, the greatest army ever assenbled by the Elven Empire Reached Acejackals, numbering over two thousand and a half elves and beasts, finding a single lone survivor in front of the great stone gates. Dressed in glowing blood-like armour and carrying a great blood-stained axe and a cone crown, his presence stroke fear into the hearts of the enemies. It was said that his charge was like none ever seen before, cutting through both elf and beast as if they were litle more than air. Not even the elfic witchcraft seemed to put a dent into his advance, only stoping in front of Alatha Dessertsheens, Princess and ruller of the elven civilization, who had come to oversee the ultimate destruction of that wich was their gratest enemy. Being the most renowned sorceress of the Empire in several ages, the resulting batle was great, taking the bigger part of two days while the remains of the army could only stay and awe at the sigth.

In the end, the Alatha managed to destroy Amxu's armour with a powerfull spell and then burn him to death in a great fire summoned from hell itself. It's said that, on his last breath, Amxu threw his great axe at the princess, tearing of one of her fingers and killing one of the elves beind her.

That was the legend of Amxu Vilefaints, the greatest orc ever seen in this world, with strenght and honour even comparable to some dwarves.

*In the scroll there was a picture detailing a shorter version of his story, wich I now place here for public seing.*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

/yes, I know its not the best story ever, but I had to tell it   8)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:52:03 pm by Mobotium »
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The history of Amxu Vilefaints, greatest orc warrior I have ever seen.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 11:44:00 am »

Thats a lot of elf killing.

I like.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 12:16:35 pm »

•Orcs
•Dead Elves
•Me gusta

Someone rouse the Engravers!
Also broken image.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 03:52:19 pm »

Not anymore, hopefuly.
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 04:11:18 pm »

then burn him to death in a great fire summoned from hell itself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the early autumn of 251 the elf Alatha Dessertsheens devoured Amxu in Acejackals.
Royal elves clearly prefer to eat cooked flesh. :)

Current world generator tends to yield 300-style battles too often to me. :-\
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science