Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]  (Read 34158 times)

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Vengeful Mafia 1 [Game Over - Justice Prevails!]
« Reply #270 on: June 09, 2011, 05:21:37 pm »

If super wasn't a complete moron scum, that would've been over faster - with a different result.

If anyone wants to criticise how I played go ahead. But I won't listen to everyone.

Chill a bit and realise that it's a game, you only get better by playing and you can't just call people morons because they lost.

Also, I'd like to point out that you said almost nothing in the scumchat :/
I said MORE than enough. Most of your posts were short and useless.

I'm mad at you because we almost salvaged it then you go and throw the game.

Also, this was my first game as scum.

So, who wants to get some postgame comments, then? I'll probably reread the thread, see what I can say after that.

Irony, a scum IC would probably have been good, yeah.

If super wasn't a complete moron scum, that would've been over faster - with a different result.

Hey, keep the snark in the game, okay? Remember what happened to Book.
I've said I want criticism of my play.

And "complete moron scum" is about as bad as I'll insult people outside of games.

And PANCAKES. (Vector's avatar)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 09, 2011, 07:27:01 pm »

If anyone wants to criticise how I played go ahead. But I won't listen to everyone.

of corse, I just got lucky that major jumped in too early, instead of waiting for somebody else to put a vote on me before voting. That would have most likely been the end for me, and thrown the game in the other direction.

What surprised me most of all though, was how short the scum chat was. You guys had a private channel, and didn't use it to talk about the placement of each and every comma in every post you ever made?
Also, I'd like to point out that you said almost nothing in the scumchat :/
This is probably most of it. I think you were too quick getting the second vote on Max, and indeed that was what made Think suspicious of you later. Not looking like you were really convinced on him, yet still opening him up for a hammer and pointing out that whoever does hammer him should "bring a lot of reasoning," looked bad, I think.

Secondly, you didn't interact with your partner very well. I realize he wasn't exactly asking for permission with most of his stuff, and there's only so much you can do in any case, but you really didn't make much effort to let Super know he was being scummy and how he should stop. The only time you mentioned his defensiveness, for instance, was after the game was already over.

This struck me as awkward and weak, also. As Okami pointed out later, trying to insinuate Max was the godfather because he was lurking just isn't sound reasoning.

Here was more trouble. You didn't make a very good case that lurking = scum, and I think sounded a bit too desperate to vaguely decry Max ("blobs of hopeless accusation"). Much of it was at least partially justified, but I think you let it melt into a blob of Max-antagonism, instead of a structured explanation of why he was scum. Once again, the gametype also had sort of an exaggerated effect here, since voting him for being useless would be much less of a deal if doing so didn't open him for a hammer.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 10, 2011, 11:50:57 am »

Probably shouldn't have brought it up, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:19:23 pm by Supercharazad »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 10, 2011, 12:16:08 pm »

Book raged. We told him to chill down. He ragequit.

Now lets finally get over it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]