Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone interested in a plain vanilla unmodded .25 game  (Read 610 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone interested in a plain vanilla unmodded .25 game
« on: June 11, 2011, 02:43:08 am »

I've got a Barony fort with lots of iron ores (hematite, limonite and magnetite, masses of chalk flux, and coal and lignite.)

It's got pretty much impregnable defenses if you want to live indoors.  A few cage traps followed by some stone traps, then a goblin grinder, then a manual water/lava hallway.

There's gold, copper, silver, brass makings, lead aplenty.

The magma source is a volcano, the water source is a river.

I haven't even bothered to look for caverns yet.

legendary stonecrafter and clothier making crafts and a very high skill jeweler making them nicer.  Every incoming caravan is bought dry.

a full set of 10 steel suits of armor and 10 steel battle axes.

No military at all, lol.  But I have a caged minotaur and a bunch of caged goblins to train on if someone wants to make a military.

current population is around 120 I think.

I'm about to start making individual 5x5 apartments and 5x3 tombs for every living dwarf.

I'm considering doing this in a megastructure tower rather than underground.  I think I've dug down a total of 5 Z-levels since I had magma from a volcano to use :)

I'll want another year of cleanup before handing it over.  There will likely be about 200 dorfs by then, and some messy spots (thousands of pig tails and plump helmets need to be cleaned up, and there's stone all over the friggin place that needs to be organized.

So is anyone up for picking up this fortress in 1005 and fiddling with it?  If there's enough interest in a long term succession, could do that, or I could just drop the fort on the dffd for anyone to play with outside of progression.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)