Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I think that was the best way I've ever discovered cotton candy.  (Read 5589 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: I think that was the best way I've ever discovered cotton candy.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 01:43:25 am »

I also once found adamantine this way, although it was a mason building floors in the wrong order. I was trying to make a vessel capable of traveling to the bottom of the volcano, and the stupid mason built one floor too early, and got knocked in.

Then two more did the same mistake...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 06:54:03 am »

Can you put a kitten in a magma-proof cage and throw it in ? I read that cages negate temperature. Or will that fact that its caged mean the kitten wont report on visibility?

Noir

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 07:43:55 am »

I actually threw a few rabbits into a volcano, having heard of the perfect-vision-in-lava glitch, hoping to achieve something similar...

Nothing. Apparently they have way too few skin and fat, and died almost instantly before falling to the SMR.
Naked dwarves remove the need to produce more clothing, which means more of your pig tails can be brewed into booze.
I think this is less a problem and more an expression of dwarven priorities.

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 08:06:41 am »

Too bad engravers don't immortalize whoever first finds the stuff in the fortress.

The Temerity of Moistening
Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image by Urist McEngraver of a yak, adamantine and dwarves. The yak is discovering the adamantine. The yak is falling. The dwarves are rejoicing.
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

feorh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 02:31:06 am »

I suggest you throw an elephant down - it's supreme weight, fatness and tusks should do what puny yak'd have never achieved!
Pages: 1 [2]