Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forest Retreats, Cities, Dark Fortresses, etc.  (Read 2649 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Forest Retreats, Cities, Dark Fortresses, etc.
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:05:05 pm »

I'm trying to modify my base raws so that pretty much every feature that should be in the game but isn't working has a temporary fix (without my needing to go in to the RAWs of a newly generated world to mess with things further). To that end, I'm trying to make a list of things that need to be changed. Currently I have:

-Kobolds are not living past worldgen (This is simply fixed by giving them [INDOOR_FARMING])
-Elven Forest Retreats and Dwarven Mountainhomes don't actually show up. I intend to replace those two in the RAWs with the CITY tags.

Do Dark Fortresses, regular caves, and camps show up?
Also, what else should I change?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forest Retreats, Cities, Dark Fortresses, etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:14:43 pm »

[NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] for kobolds is obvious, posting it just in case. Unless you're happy with them being farmers. Perhaps add Dungeon Master,etc back in, even though they don't really work.

EDIT: I'd suggest tannable Scale as a reasonable 'vanilla' addition, so you can tan crocs and alligators. put this line in Scale material template:[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SCALE][ITEMS_LEATHER][LEATHER]
Seems silly that you can't skin a crocodile.

Note sure about dark fortresses, my pc's not fast enough for Adventure Mode
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:17:41 pm by Reelyanoob »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:21:07 pm »

[NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] for kobolds is obvious, posting it just in case. Unless you're happy with them being farmers. Perhaps add Dungeon Master,etc back in, even though they don't really work.

EDIT: I'd suggest tannable Scale as a reasonable 'vanilla' addition, so you can tan crocs and alligators. put this line in Scale material template:[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SCALE][ITEMS_LEATHER][LEATHER]
Seems silly that you can't skin a crocodile.

Note sure about dark fortresses, my pc's not fast enough for Adventure Mode
The idea was that I don't want to have to go back in and remove things like [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK]

Thanks for that Tag-line for the scales, and also the Dungeon Master thing. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to work, else I'll just find and replace all instances of [PET_EXOTIC] with [PET] :D

There used to be issues with making it so that multiple (or all) entities could be used for fortress mode, insofar as I can recall. Are there any problems I should know about before doing something like that?

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »

Kobolds have [BONECARN], which means farming won't do them much good. [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] is the best solution, considering gobbos have it as well. Dark Fortresses don't show up. Monster cave and bandit camps do show up, but I don't know if they're the same thing as you're asking about.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 02:37:55 pm »

Kobolds have [BONECARN], which means farming won't do them much good. [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] is the best solution, considering gobbos have it as well. Dark Fortresses don't show up. Monster cave and bandit camps do show up, but I don't know if they're the same thing as you're asking about.
Hm...really?
Alright, then. I intended to make Goblins and Kobolds playable races in fortress and adventure mode as well, so I'll probably need to find some way to ensure they survive worldgen without NO_EAT and NO_DRINK. Maybe I'll remove BONECARN...

By cave/camp I meant the Kobold site. I'm assuming that those ALSO do not know show up?
What about the animalman tribe sites?

Edit: Gobbos actually don't have NO_EAT or NO_DRINK.
In any case, I just removed BONECARN from the Kobolds. It isn't too flavor-breaking to have them eating grown food.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:19:19 pm by thatkid »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 06:19:13 pm »

Simply replace their building definitions in the entity with Hamlet, City etc. as opposed to Detailed Cave, Forest Retreat.

Edited because I misread the OP.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:21:43 pm by NobodyPro »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 06:22:37 pm »

Alright, thanks. In that case, I've basically done what I wanted to do.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 08:24:05 pm »

If you give goblins, kobolds, and dwarves cities, as well as remove [BONECARN] from kobolds, they should have no trouble sustaining themselves, given appropriate farming labors. I think.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 09:12:44 pm »

If you give goblins, kobolds, and dwarves cities, as well as remove [BONECARN] from kobolds, they should have no trouble sustaining themselves, given appropriate farming labors. I think.
That is exactly the case, actually. I just tested it.

I'm actually not sure if [BONECARN] even really effects worldgen, so it may not be entirely necessary to remove it.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 09:30:43 pm »

it implies they are carnivores and eat bones so it does affect world gen like all tags that affect what a creature eats
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 10:08:05 pm »

it implies they are carnivores and eat bones so it does affect world gen like all tags that affect what a creature eats
I see. I thought at the moment a lot of the creature tags didn't actually do anything until after world gen?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 10:38:16 pm »

most dont affect world gen because whats the point given something webber wouldnt warrent attention because it doent kill the creature in the web but no drink and no eat would take starvation form world gen and [BONECARN] says what it can eat
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.