Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stagnant/salt/fresh water indication and warnings  (Read 1409 times)

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stagnant/salt/fresh water indication and warnings
« on: June 10, 2011, 12:11:37 am »

If you look at standing water it doesn't tell you if the water is stagnant or not; it has to be in a bucket to be called stagnant.  If you read the wiki article on wells you'll know under what conditions water is stagnant or not, but this should be something that's obvious to a new player without having to read the wiki, so looking at standing water is should tell you directly if it's fresh or stagnant.  (Would be nice if it did it for salt water as well)

Additionally, when setting up a well or water zone the game should warn you if the water source is stagnant.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stagnant/salt/fresh water indication and warnings
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:37:06 am »

Actually... I've been playing this game for, like, a year, and I have no idea what the difference is. I'd never even known that there such a thing until just now.

I'll go look it up on the wiki.

EDIT: Oh, whaddya know. That actually makes sense. And now that I know...

I don't really see the necessity, but I suppose it would be helpful.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:40:00 am by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stagnant/salt/fresh water indication and warnings
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 01:59:29 am »

Dwarves don't like stagnant water.

They can't drink salt water.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?