Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Were-dwarf  (Read 4183 times)

Dreggon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Were-dwarf
« on: June 01, 2011, 03:55:09 am »

A dwarf that turns other creatures into dwarves by biting them and infecting them with its bite.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
Re: Were-dwarf
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:40:17 am »

Do they grow beards? Do bitten dwarves go stark raving mad and run around naked?

Dreggon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 06:05:42 am »

Do they grow beards? Do bitten dwarves go stark raving mad and run around naked?

Yes, a newly-bitten weredwarf will grow a large beard upon the rising of the moon and begin howling for booze. Certain mutated strains of the curse may cause the dwarf to start howling for lay pewter tables on maps with no lay pewter, or create an object out of nothing using newly-acquired dwarven physics powers.

Asteranx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 03:09:23 pm »

You mean 'Do they turn into a dwarf'?  I think the OP already answered that. :P

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 03:21:13 pm »

Depending on how it's coded (if were- creatures draw from a specific were- file, if it uses a "can be were-" tag or rejects intelligent creatures, etc.) It could even occur natively.  Just imagine what would happen if in world gen a dwarf was stricken with a terrible curse to once every full moon transform and become a dreaded... were-dwarf, the half-dwarf, other-half-dwarf monster.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 04:22:21 pm »

I for one can't wait to mod this is once the update happens, and infect my pets with it.

Artanis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 01:11:39 am »

I for one can't wait to mod this is once the update happens, and infect my pets with it.

Or the local elven forest.

Every full moon, the trees are all mysteriously cut down, and dwarf-sized footprints are all over. The elves are perplexed--with no memory of the night in question--but are certain this is the work of the nascent dwarven fortress that was built nearby a few years ago... only... there are no signs of the footprints entering or leaving the forest.
Git - fast, efficient, distributed version control system
Github - Free public repositories, issue tracking, wikis, downloads...

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 12:58:08 pm »

Every full moon the human's wine stocks get raided and all of their socks disappear.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 01:16:35 pm »

Every full moon the human's wine stocks get raided and all of their socks disappear.

Consider yourself quoted. Jeez, if i keep looking, i'll have to make a thread JUST for my signiture.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 12:09:52 pm »

Consider yourself quoted. Jeez, if i keep looking, i'll have to make a thread JUST for my signiture.
There is one already, actually.

I'm not sure it's still used, however.

Edit: So, if an elf became a were-dwarf... wouldn't that sort of make them half elf/half dwarf for the duration? :-\
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 07:54:44 pm »

There is one already, actually.

I'm not sure it's still used, however.

Edit: So, if an elf became a were-dwarf... wouldn't that sort of make them half elf/half dwarf for the duration? :-\
Probably. If it just assumed dwarf personality traits, that would be dull. And if the personality meshed, that would likely cause a catatonic creature. So, what if they switched?
"MUST BURN TREE!!!...No, trees are our friends...NO!!! YOU TAKE MAGMA BATH IN TRADE DEPOT NOW!!!...ooh, a trade depot, I bet the dwarves have all sorts of interesting crafts to trade...RAHH!!! I AM MILDLY UPSET!!! I WILL TANTRUM!!!"
And that would work for normal were-whatevers as well.
"KILL THE DWARF! EAT ITS FLESH!...No, I'll kill the dwarf because I ate a meal in a subpar dining room!...JUST KILL THE DWARF ALREADY!!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.