Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Smiling assassin  (Read 2029 times)

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Smiling assassin
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:52:14 am »

This a rather strange bug. I created an agile Elf guy, who got his nerves severed on a leg, so he could only crawl. Got a few jobs involving bounty hunting. So i approach a bandit camp, but everyone is friendly to me. I can recruit them, talk to the about their families, ask for a job. I could even recruit the WANTED character.

Basically i ended up walking up to them, chatting up, and then slicing their throats from behind. Or better yet, recruiting the WANTED character, traveling to a town, where he is wanted at, and publicly executing him.

Anyone encountered anything like that?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The Smiling assassin
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 01:22:53 pm »

Nope
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 01:32:20 pm »

I had a bunch of bandits give me a quest to kill themselves while I was sneaking around. Apparently, as long as they aren't actively engaging you, you can talk to them.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 03:55:04 pm »

i had an elf character and i was bored of killing dragons, so i went traveled for days on end till i finally found another human nation. Every time i tried to recount a quest from my old nation, they lectured me about fairy tales from strange lands. SO i asked about the surroundings and found the elven bandit camp. I walked in and the bandits didn't attack me, and were willing to join me, but they attacked my human companions. I got one to join me and ran out of the camp before he died, then fast traveled a tile over. When i got to the tile, he was with us, then my companions murdered him.  THat was the second time something like that happened so i have been making new characters in an attempt to become a bandit leader.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Alizarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 09:59:11 pm »

I've actually experienced something like this as well. I got a quest to go kill a bandit leader, but everyone there was friendly towards me. I even tried to get quests from some of them, and they wanted me to kill their own leader. It was rather strange... Anyway, I recruited a couple of them and traveled back to the town from whence I came. As I guessed, they were attacked by the villagers and killed. I suspect this happens because at the time of talking to them, you are seen as a hero of their faction, so they won't attack you... Maybe we did some other deeds that gained their favor?
The Bull headbutt's the Minotaur in the buttocks, bruising the muscle and shattering the lower spine's bone and tearing the nervous tissue through the cow leather trousers!
The Minotaur slams into an obstacle!
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/japanbullart.jpg

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:04:09 pm »

(AFAIK) Guarenteed way to get this result: Play as an outsider.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 11:04:11 pm »

(AFAIK) Guarenteed way to get this result: Play as an outsider.
Pretty much. Since you won't belong to any civ in particular whatever your race may be unless you retire in one...being a freelance mercenary is the way to go.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

automaton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 02:47:04 pm »

i have this with my legendary adventurer too.
if you kill enough megabeasts that are an enemy of other civs, those civs will become friendly to you. even goblins!

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 12:47:17 pm »

i have this with my legendary adventurer too.
if you kill enough megabeasts that are an enemy of other civs, those civs will become friendly to you. even goblins!

Yeah, when goblin ambushes turn into a nice chat about the surroundings, that is the life.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.