Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: my trusty animal companions  (Read 1267 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
my trusty animal companions
« on: June 03, 2011, 03:58:54 pm »

i am probably the only person who enjoys adventuring as elves, and even though they are smelly hippies, they do have their advantages. One of these is that animals don't attack you and will help you in battle.

ONe time, while fast traveling i stopped in a forest and spawned in the middle of a wolf pack. I was completely unharmed, but my companions freaked and i skipped through the gore and flying body parts.

Another time, when animals actually helped me, i was ambushed by a goblin nation. When the battle started i was surprised to see 4 salt water crocodiles crawling out of the water towards the goblins. Leaving my meat shields companions behind, i ran to aid the crocodiles and kill the nasty goblins.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my trusty animal companions
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:02:13 pm »

Elves are pretty good for their speed, compared to dwarves. Then again, if you manage to get an agile dwarf, their trances really put them on a whole different level.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:04:38 pm »

At least you admit to being a hippie.  :)  That'd be sick if elves could recruit animals and would probably actually make it worthwhile to be an elf over a human.

I hate animals in DF ADV only because my companions will chase down an elephant and then it will step on his head -- and I have to find another curb stompee companion before I go fight something more renowned although definitely no more destructive than ninja rhinos, elephants and horses. Ya know?

You die in the heat.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:05:37 pm »

Excuse me, elves are the same volume as dwarves, so they get to steal *candy* armor. Humans cannot possibly compare in a vanilla game.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 11:31:13 am »

The only positive thing about elven adventurers is the possibility of having tigerman companions.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 02:15:01 pm »

Agility is good though.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:54 am »

maybe it's the extra agility, but my elven characters all seem to be better fighters than my humans. I had an elf with an iron short sword and she became a legendary swordsman, while my human characters all suck.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson