Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armies  (Read 810 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Armies
« on: June 01, 2011, 09:16:09 pm »

Well here's a community game mode I been testing to see if it's doable.
The idea is through use of Dfusion (and mass companion-ising codes) and Dfmode we can build up small armies to send in battle like in the arena gladiator game modes only with more grass.
the game mode will go through 3 phases,
attack, defend, build/sabotage.

Each player gets to start with one general/leader for their army and could if they live long enough through their build rounds could add another sub-leader.
the goal varies with each game but default is to kill off all leaders to the other players army.

each player goes through three phases Attack, Defend and build, before the end of a turn.

the Attack phase is when you rally up troops to go on the hunt for the opponent. Which last about some days which then you must find a place to retire. Retiring can only be done with an adventure mode player and not a body swap one due to not finding out how to unlock that feature yet. until then you have to rally with your general/leaders and will lead to a risk of killing and losing your army.

The Defend Phase is the other option where you in put your rally army in alert for any attack on your base or bases doing this will prevent you to Attack, you could set up gaurds on the base so that you could leave the site more secured. oh and you can send scouts(body swapped players) and of lucky try to intercept invaders

the Build/Sabotage stage is when your on a fort site, you can build for a short period of time before the game auto abandons so save often and have back ups for bad aborts.
During this small window you can build new items or if on a enemy fort exploit Fort mode uses and make their lives a little harder. Build and Sabotage comes after an attack or defend phases and you can only sabotage if a player(body swap or adventure mode controlled) is on the fort site. You could prolong a build or sabotage time if the site in normal fort mode or reclaim mode last netting you a pass on the hidden timer that would auto abandon you. If you reclaim a your site(or build a new one close by your adventurer) for any reason (like for resetting the timer on your turn) you need to know that reclaiming(through DFmode swap over) it will over throw the group number and all men on the base prior to the reclaim must either be resign that number(through use of Runesmith or proper DFusion coding to do just that) or stuck in friendly mode until you enlist them to your army you can leave them in that state for defending the place but be warned they will rust in skills.

notes
To swap between fort mode and adventure mode safely you must use DFmode and switch to the wanted mode then save the game. DO NOT unpause the game while doing this and is better to be on the save menu while you do the swap.

In case they say no to joining you use the adv_tool "make creature follow" or the addons I made for DFusion.
This is all under a shared game so play nice on levels of not playing as someone else character.

Hopefully I can set up one game of this.

Oh and if you use Necromancy to say build your army then Best luck on doing that.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armies
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:24:17 pm »

Sounds fun, if a little confusing! :D
Count me in! Also, I haven't really gotten swapping from fort>adventure mode right yet.
It usually crashes... Is that because I just did it from the main game? Time for testing!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 09:38:33 pm »

Sounds fun, if a little confusing! :D
Count me in! Also, I haven't really gotten swapping from fort>adventure mode right yet.
It usually crashes... Is that because I just did it from the main game? Time for testing!
Well F to A is mostly the reason why you should pause the game, or go to the esc menu before changing the game mode.
going from A to fort mode especially if you set it to fort mode with direct control you could just save and boom your in fort mode.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:04:50 am »

Well it doesn't actually crash as such, I mean it just "retires" my fort (as in, scatters everything and leaves my dwarves standing aimlessly around) and dumps me back at the main menu.
Is that all it's supposed to do?
Anyway, this sounds good, as long as you have enough enemy civs! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:29:39 am »

Well it doesn't actually crash as such, I mean it just "retires" my fort (as in, scatters everything and leaves my dwarves standing aimlessly around) and dumps me back at the main menu.
Is that all it's supposed to do?
Anyway, this sounds good, as long as you have enough enemy civs! :P
oh then that's what I called the auto abandon. Retiring is when the fort acts like a mountain home from 40d and the dwarves will talk to you about the surroundings and capital to retire a fort you must start from fort mode then flip over to a character and end the game by either suicide or taking over a dead body or soul which could be done easily with DFusion and go into esc and end the game.  (Use Dfusion to prevent scattering it's under tools section.)
If you hit up on my adv. home thread you can pick up more info on Adventure homes, through playing armies could be boiled down to use the adventurer to lead a group of trained men
"body swapping and YOU!"