Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Huge problem conserning stats.  (Read 985 times)

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Huge problem conserning stats.
« on: May 27, 2011, 02:46:29 pm »

No matter what i do, my initial stats dont change. I got Legendary Knapper, Legendary Wrestler, Legendary Thrower, but my stats (str,agi ect.) havent changed a bit.

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
Re: Huge problem conserning stats.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:20:04 pm »

Well if they are already superhuman then, sorry, but you've reached the limit.

I started a Demi-God character and put all my initial points in strength, agility and toughness and they got to superhuman very quickly and nothing else changed, like you said. Then I power leveled crutch-walking, sneaking and swimming and some other stats went up to high, so just try training a different skill set.
You die in the heat.

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 03:21:29 pm »

Hahaha, no. Im AVERANGE or ABOVE AVERANGE on everything. No super human stats. And nothing changes as i bash my head agains the wall.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 03:54:06 pm »

Actually, if you open up Runesmith, you can visibly the exact stats. They do in fact rise, but very slowly. Also, the superhuman mark might be the highest description ingame, but it continues to rise well past this point.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 04:50:06 pm »

Good to know, Corneria! Thanks. What's Runesmith?
You die in the heat.

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 12:49:28 am »

What do you mean by really slow? Knapping Legendary, and the Kinestetic Sense, knapping supposed to raise is AVERANGE. Really slow as in doesnt at all?

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 01:03:09 am »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Utilities#Runesmith

Also, it is included (along with many other useful things), in the lazy newb pack.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 01:14:58 pm »

All is right.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:32:35 pm by kissa3 »

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 04:03:36 pm »

Those three skills to legendary might not get you above "above average" in any one thing. Legendary+0 Wrestler I would think would get you to above average agility at least.

Also note that you can be "Legendary+" (there are "invisible" levels above legendary) so you can always keep gaining skill even when legendary.

I think dodger, shield user, and armor user might help you out more. You can get all three of those to legendary pretty quickly assuming you have full metal armor of any kind, and a shield. Just find a gopher or something, pick a fight, and sit there with "." and let it attack you all day. Record a "................" macro to further speed this up.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 04:07:28 pm »

Also note that you can be "Legendary+" (there are "invisible" levels above legendary) so you can always keep gaining skill even when legendary.

As a shortcut, you can figure out how many "Legendary +x" levels you have by looking at how many experience points you need to get to the next level.  "Legendary +0" is 2000, and every level after that adds 100 to the requirement.  So if your skill is legendary with 1423/2400 experience to the next level, then you're at Legendary +4.