Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Relationships : Marriage Duke and commoner.  (Read 924 times)

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Relationships : Marriage Duke and commoner.
« on: June 05, 2011, 06:37:09 pm »

So , I've been wondering about this for a while. My duke has been having an relationship with a female cook for about 9 years now and so far it seems they never spend any time togheter.

Putting her in an bed just besides him makes him really angry (since he has the uber legendary bedroom he won't share with anyone) and even trying to trick them both into the same rooms and closing the doors seems to lead nowhere...

Now what I'd expect at least is :

*Some Dwarven babies (my mountainhome has now only 245 pop with cap 200 , out of which 45 are childs).
*Some Marriage and a Duchess.

Btw , the Civilization I have does not have any King , any chance my current Noble could become Regent somehow? (I guess through modding perhaps? ).

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Relationships : Marriage Duke and commoner.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 06:42:41 pm »

You can make any position ordained by another.  Like, your mayor assigns a bookkeeper, although the mayor doesn't personally do it, you still need a mayor to make it possible.  If your king is put into power by the mayor, then it may work.  Never attempted, but worth a try.

Make a better bedroom, any overlapping rooms suffer like 75% value loss or something.  An extremely valuable room will override this.  Or just make sure their room zones don't overlap, even if they're in the same "room".

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 06:46:14 pm »

You can't change nobles in an already generated world.

Just give the cook and the baron extended vacation and set a 1-tile meeting zone. They'll see each other more often and hitch up.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 06:47:54 pm »

Problem is, this kingdom /Civ has no King (or he went poof after I made the fort since he is now gone from the Diplomacy menu) , but since I bribed (eh offered) up tons of valuables and had attained the necessary Road and Wealth I was able to make the Fort as the New Mountainhome for that Dwarven Civ.

My current Duke was a commoner who attained the titles through donations.

Edit : I guess that means It's currently impossible to get one of your dwarves to attain the title of regent.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:49:31 pm by malvado »