Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is this I don't even  (Read 490 times)

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is this I don't even
« on: May 28, 2011, 12:44:25 am »

So in response to a mood dwarf, I begrudgingly set up a glass smelter, and then a second for someone to actually make the glass for which the mood dwarf was asking.

I'm assuming the sand bag chosen by Urist McGlassmaker doubled as a seed bag somehow, because suddenly everyone in my fort is hauling seeds out of my storage and all the way to the bag...

I was totally confused for a few minutes while I tried to figure out why a hundred dwarfs would be dumping prickle berry seeds on my glass furnace!
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: What is this I don't even
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 12:46:46 am »

Dorfs will automatically pick up the existence of ANY empty bag. If there's any seeds laying around that lack a bag of their own, they're ALL getting stuffed into that new bag.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: What is this I don't even
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 01:32:16 am »

Newly empty bags are filled before being moved.  Thus, if you ever empty a bag, such as a bagfull of sand, plaster, sugar, flour, etc, and there are seeds laying around, the dwarves haul the seeds to the bag, then the bag to the stockpile.  Same happens if you purchase a bag or get a bag from a babysnatcher.  Similar things will happen with barrels sometimes, but not very often.