Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trading and Equipping is ridiculous  (Read 962 times)

cadleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trading and Equipping is ridiculous
« on: May 27, 2011, 03:43:44 pm »

Is it just me or is Bartering for goods or Equipping items just ridiculous in Adventure mode? I mean, I dont mind a little complexity, it is DF after all, but to have to drop an item just to equip another is straight up retarded. As far as I can tell, the Barter/Trade system for buying & selling items isnt much better. Am I missing something?

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trading and Equipping is ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 04:11:37 pm »

You can put things away in your pack too. (P)  Sorry if you already knew that but that's all I can think of as far as what you may be missing.

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 04:56:40 pm »

Well, if it makes you feel any better, dropping any number of items doesn't take any turns, although [g]etting them does. I maybe disagree with you about equipping items being overly complex -- what would be your solution? An equip function?

Bartering is pretty strange, but really only in the fact that you have to go find the item you just bought -- arguably more realistic than items being teleported between traders, like in Elder Scrolls games.

I don't think you're missing anything, but you get used to how these things are in DF adventurer mode. There are quite a bit of epic things to do in adventure mode which more than make up for some nuisances.
You die in the heat.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 06:58:11 pm »

Backpacks have infinite storage space and is essential to have one if you want to equip anything(multiple one hand equips also become possible). Buying can be a hassle but unless you have a many lairs you probably won't be doing that too often. Selling is easy if you store what you want to sell in a bag and sell the bag.
I admit its a bit clunky but when you figure it out it works swimmingly.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 08:48:29 pm »

i blaze through so many adventurers that storing items usually ends up either A not an issue, B I have a base for storing it, C I have a companion for holding it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 02:32:19 pm »

i blaze through so many adventurers that storing items usually ends up either A not an issue, B I have a base for storing it, C I have a companion for holding it.

How the heck do you get companions to hold your shit?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 03:01:27 pm »

dfusion > adv_tools > adventure change >have the pointer on the designated carrier *make them pick up the stuff then swap back*
through now a days I don't go on heavy looting, mostly from testing other custom commands Dfusion can do and I still can't find use of the items I grab in fort mode, well any wanted use that makes raids better than mining out the stuff and or trades from the caravans.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes